Ferentz with the worst contract in CFB

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Thanks, very interesting. I’m not sold that Fleck is the long term answer but stability once you find the right fit is critical. ISU is all in on Campbell which I think is the right move...the trick for ISU is to stick with him even if he falters. Just too easy to clean house to satisfy the donors and fan base when in the end that knee jerk reaction sets you back years.

Blue bloods in recruiting hotbeds can do this...devepmental/recruiting challenged programs simply can’t IMO

But how many coaches has Wisconsin gone through since Alvarez? Probably more than Minnesota in that same time frame. Minnesota can't win cause they offer no kind of environment that recruits want to play in. They got a new stadium that only holds 50,000 people in a major city. Problem is that the Twin Cities are a pro sports city and don't care about the gophers. Recruits see this and want to go elsewhere.

• Agree
Reactions: JP4CY

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Thanks, very interesting. I’m not sold that Fleck is the long term answer but stability once you find the right fit is critical. ISU is all in on Campbell which I think is the right move...the trick for ISU is to stick with him even if he falters. Just too easy to clean house to satisfy the donors and fan base when in the end that knee jerk reaction sets you back years.

Blue bloods in recruiting hotbeds can do this...devepmental/recruiting challenged programs simply can’t IMO
Fleck is a decent coach IMO but a lot of rah-rah and smoke and mirrors. To me, he's a poor man's hyped up Bobby Petrino. Decent results but at what cost?

• Agree
Reactions: dexterhawk

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
But it was still paid and that was $5 million that didn't get donated to the Athletic Program at ISU as it instead went into Rhoads' pockets.
Think about Auburn. Had to pay $5 mil to buyout Tubbs, then had to help buyout Chiz at ISU, and bought him out at $7.5 mil to be able to fire him.

• Agree
Reactions: iahawks

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
How many 'ships would Urban Meyer, Jimbo and Saban win at Iowa?
Against this B1G West? They could pull a 2015 Iowa every year then maybe get that Conference Championship won and into the playoffs. From there who knows. Urban would probably give you the best bet to win one at Iowa because he's used to the north recruiting and weather.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Think about Auburn. Had to pay $5 mil to buyout Tubbs, then had to help buyout Chiz at ISU, and bought him out at $7.5 mil to be able to fire him.

Yep, also Texas A&M paying Sumlin $10.4 million and now paying Jimbo $7.5 million. Also, Charlie Weis was getting buyout money from both Kansas and ND at one point in his career.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
But how many coaches has Wisconsin gone through since Alvarez? Probably more than Minnesota in that same time frame. Minnesota can't win cause they offer no kind of environment that recruits want to play in. They got a new stadium that only holds 50,000 people in a major city. Problem is that the Twin Cities are a pro sports city and don't care about the gophers. Recruits see this and want to go elsewhere.
I can only remember 3 since Alvarez and Bieliema was a protege....plus Alvarez didn’t leave the program. Moved to AD and the staff basically stayed in place. Not comparable to Minny in that regard.

I do agree that the Twin cities is a pro sports town and that ain’t changing

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Against this B1G West? They could pull a 2015 Iowa every year then maybe get that Conference Championship won and into the playoffs. From there who knows. Urban would probably give you the best bet to win one at Iowa because he's used to the north recruiting and weather.

I’d bet Ferentz could win a national title at Ohio St, Florida St, or Auburn. I’d also bet Meyer, Fisher, and Gus couldn’t win a national title at Iowa.

• Agree
Reactions: iahawks

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
I’d bet Ferentz could win a national title at Ohio St, Florida St, or Auburn. I’d also bet Meyer, Fisher, and Gus couldn’t win a national title at Iowa.

gfellaswhite63-lol.jpg

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron