Feeling a little duped right now

letsCYber

Jun 11, 2010
U.S. of A.
It was a bowl season against one of the toughest schedules in the nation. Where have all these whiny ****** come from?

Another classic Iowa State excuse.

Why do we keep setting up impossible schedules? Setting ourselves up to suck.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
I think the op just needs to stop reading Blum's and CW's columns each week.

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
I respectfullly disagree with your rant, cytheguy.

People would scream bloody murder if anyone dared to admit that their team wasn't going to be good in any given year.

So what? Not everyone can win all the time, or even some of the time.

At the end of the day, we need to ask ourselves what sports are really for.

If they're not about building character and teaching young people (it may be too late for their fans) to win with grace and lose with dignity, then they're just a giant sham and really only about the ka-ching.

And if that's the case, they need to become franchises and pay their players and quit pretending that they - like the university they are supposed to represent - have anything to do with teaching and learning.

Clone to the Bone, win or lose. THAT's what sets us apart from everyone else.

Did you think this was the ten-second blurb at the end of He-Man where we learn what was the "teachable moment" from today's episode?

Shut the **** up, numbnuts.

Palmer

Jun 10, 2008
Johnston, IA
Congrats on being a member of the whiner club.

Name calling is a good indication you have nothing else to offer.....

The Kansas State program laughs at our excuses and inability to build anything worthwhile.

...or maybe I am expecting too much for the 4K I give every year.

Last edited:

mt85

Mar 24, 2006
Name calling is a good indication you have nothing else to offer.....

The Kansas State program laughs at our excuses and inability to build anything worthwhile.

...or maybe I am expecting too much for the 4K I give every year.

Don't worry you're part of the club too. We all know misery loves company.

urb1

Jan 23, 2010
Urbandale
I thought this would be a 5 win year. I don't think there were too many people that seriously thought this was a 6+ win year. Did anyone think this was going to be a 1 or 2 win year? Probably not. A 3 to 5 win year? Much more likely.

You don't lose 3 NFL-caliber players at ISU and just keep going, there is going to be a drop off.

Actually, told my co-workers in August we would be lucky to get through pre-conference with one win and then would probably beat Kansas or WV. Not gloating and wish I would have been wrong.

Freebird

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I keep reading the term "rebuilding year" on this thread and others. I didn't realize 6 wins was "built." Cyclone nation might be the only fanbase in the nation that would call this a rebuilding year. Regression? Yes. Setback? Definitely. Rebuilding? God I hope not.

IowaStateClones

Dec 7, 2009
I respectfullly disagree with your rant, cytheguy.

People would scream bloody murder if anyone dared to admit that their team wasn't going to be good in any given year.

So what? Not everyone can win all the time, or even some of the time.

At the end of the day, we need to ask ourselves what sports are really for.

If they're not about building character and teaching young people (it may be too late for their fans) to win with grace and lose with dignity, then they're just a giant sham and really only about the ka-ching.

And if that's the case, they need to become franchises and pay their players and quit pretending that they - like the university they are supposed to represent - have anything to do with teaching and learning.

Clone to the Bone, win or lose. THAT's what sets us apart from everyone else.

Do you want a participation ribbon too? You sound like a minivan driving, dad pants wearing *****.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Holy crap. I was in Chicago the first three days the prediction thread was open so I never saw it. I told my buddies there that I was expecting three wins from this team this year because we were so crazy young.

I just read the predictions thread and wish I could have some of the kool-aid you guys are on.

mt85

Mar 24, 2006
I keep reading the term "rebuilding year" on this thread and others. I didn't realize 6 wins was "built." Cyclone nation might be the only fanbase in the nation that would call this a rebuilding year. Regression? Yes. Setback? Definitely. Rebuilding? God I hope not.

For all the members of the whiner club, a rebuilding year is one in which you replace a large number of starters.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Holy crap. I was in Chicago the first three days the prediction thread was open so I never saw it. I told my buddies there that I was expecting three wins from this team this year because we were so crazy young.

I just read the predictions thread and wish I could have some of the kool-aid you guys are on.
They were all so omniscient and predicted a down year though brah. The level of hypocrisy on this board is so damn high.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I was there at meet the coaches night. If you didnt think there was cause for concern about the season after that night, you werent listening. Rhoads was already beginning 'managing expectations' spin about how young the team was. Was obvious Rhoads knew we could be in for a long year.

The thing that sucks though is even with those expectations lowered, the down-ness of the big 12 should have allowed us to have a halfway ok year. Beat UNI, Beat Tulsa, then find 4 wins in a very down big 12 (KU,WVU,TCU,and KSU, for instance), and we're in a bowl this year even with our relative youth.

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
I was there at meet the coaches night. If you didnt think there was cause for concern about the season after that night, you werent listening. Rhoads was already beginning 'managing expectations' spin about how young the team was. Was obvious Rhoads knew we could be in for a long year.

The thing that sucks though is even with those expectations lowered, the down-ness of the big 12 should have allowed us to have a halfway ok year. Beat UNI, Beat Tulsa, then find 4 wins in a very down big 12 (KU,WVU,TCU,and KSU, for instance), and we're in a bowl this year even with our relative youth.

According some on this board CPR was setting us up for a BCS bowl run. I don't see how anybody couldn't read between the lines when they heard him in the preseason. When a coach is telling you his team is young, but that he's excited about their talent and work ethic how can you not read what he's really trying to say? I also don't fault CPR for talking positively about his team. What's he supposed to do, come out and tell everyone they suck? That we'll be lucky to win 3 games? I'm sure CPR was truely excited about this team...any coach worth his salt should be positive about his players.

Again, you want to blast CPR for his first 2 recruiting classes? Fine, I can't stop you...but you'd still be wrong at worst and misguided at best. Had CPR had the luxury of redshirting some of that first class we'd be in a different boat today. You think a brand new head coach at a school like ISU coming off a 2 win season and potentially being kicked out of a major conference at the time is easy to recruit at? Please...