Fedex has got to be the worst shipping service ever

jsmith86

Dec 5, 2006
Cedar Rapids
So they somehow broke into my apartment and they delivered my $20 pair of headphones on my couch, but they couldn't also leave my brand new computer? And now they won't let me pick it up today and won't budge on trying again tomorrow at 2:00 when I will be at work? What are they going to do then? Leave it on the truck another night? Worst service ever.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
So they somehow broke into my apartment and they delivered my $20 pair of headphones on my couch, but they couldn't also leave my brand new computer? And now they won't let me pick it up today and won't budge on trying again tomorrow at 2:00 when I will be at work? What are they going to do then? Leave it on the truck another night? Worst service ever.
I don't believe a single word of your post.

longtimeclone

Dec 8, 2009
Up north

I thought you could pick it up from a warehouse after so many attempts, but you would probably have to do it before 5:30 or something.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
I thought you could pick it up from a warehouse after so many attempts, but you would probably have to do it before 5:30 or something.
If you are not there they leave a door tag and offer you the opportunity to pick it up at their distribution center. ALWAYS. They are usually open until 8 or sometimes even 9pm. They also don't break and enter.

Trainer

Oct 20, 2009
If you are not there they leave a door tag and offer you the opportunity to pick it up at their distribution center. ALWAYS. They are usually open until 8 or sometimes even 9pm. They also don't break and enter.
This guy was there, sitting on your couch, and knows your story better than you.

kilgore_trout

Nov 10, 2006
Madison, WI
You work for UPS, your couch is on the porch and your ****** headphones didn't require a signature for delivery.

Cyhart

Aug 15, 2009
Des Moines
I order almost everything online (except groceries) and yes, both UPS and Fed Ex tend to suck, generally. But in my experience, which is considerable, UPS is definitely better than Fed Ex.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
This guy was there, sitting on your couch, and knows your story better than you.
Whatever. I ship and receive a lot of stuff. Fedex does not break into people's homes. They also don't tell you you can't pick up your item if you're not there to receive.

longtimeclone

Dec 8, 2009
Up north

I guess I have always been lucky when I have used them. Picking it might not be the most convenient especially depending on how far you live from the warehouse but it is better than taking work off to get the package.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
I ship and receive things on a daily basis and it's rare to have a problem with either UPS or FedEx. If a signature is required for something like a computer, it can be a pain as you're seeing, but other than that, it works like clockwork.

kberyldial

Mar 20, 2006
Yes someone that can get a package from damn near anywhere in North America to your couch in 24 hours sucks. Right. You know what? Everything sucks. Our offensive coordinator sucks! No? Okay, him leaving sucks! What? Threads like this suck! Right.

cytech

Apr 10, 2006
Hiawatha, Iowa
Usually with fedex you can go online and enter your tracking number and they can put a hold on your package. Then you can select a fedex or kinkos location to pick up your package the following day.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Fedex still > UPS.

UPS sucks.

Yeah, well, FedEx and UPS >>>>> USPS (at least as far as parcel service goes).

I've never had anything lost via FedEx or UPS. The USPS, on the other hand lost a freaking laptop I sent in for repairs (lost on return). And because the repairman only insured it for what the repair cost was, I got a measly $200 on a laptop I paid $1200 for 14 months previously.