FB Team Meeting Now???

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyPride

Oct 12, 2008
Just on a side note... Pollard wasn't behind that, that was a local bank. They also did one of McDermot this year... though that may have been to save face for last year

Do you think the local bank did this without athletic department approval? come on.

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
For all you BVD fans out there - Pollard is better. end of story. Stop that stupid bowl games/tourney invite crap statistics. WE ARE FEELING THE EFFECTS OF BVD RIGHT NOW! Just as BVD was living off of his predecessor. If we hired the most amazing AD in the history of our program tomorrow, we wouldn't feel the effects for at the very least 3 or 4 years.

nj829

Mar 18, 2006
Northwest Arkansas
And Bruce did a great job having success with the financial disaster he inherited from Smith.

What success is directly attributed to his contributions to our program? How many other AD's have been put on a 1 year contract renewable on a year to year basis like he was when his original deal ran out, and if that was the way ISU was going to operate, why wasn't Pollard given a one year contract?

He balanced the budget by cutting programs and costs....anything else?

CYVADER

Nov 16, 2006
Cornfields
why are we arguing over bvd and jp? bvd is gone. jp is here and from what i can tell, he is dedicating 110% of his heart into isu. for that alone, i am behind him. we had good times with bvd but, he is gone-and guess what-he's not coming back. get over it.

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
Giving approval and coming up with the idea yourself are 2 different things

You can't blame Pollard for trying to capitalize on every ounce and excitement and momentum he had going... that was the only way he was going to get some of his goals accomplished

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
And Bruce did a great job having success with the financial disaster he inherited from Smith.

Smith needed to spend money at ISU. The athletic facalities were all dumps. The football team practiced in a drainage way. There was no Jake when he came. There was very little to work with. ISU was a joke when he showed up.

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
Read the rest of the post. They met with JP shortly after Chiz gave his great going away speech/

Just for people who don't want to go through the idiotic rehash of the glorious BVD era like I just had to, the JP team meeting comments are around page 9, post 123.

cyputz

Jul 26, 2006
Regardless of what others may believe for the support of our AD. I for one, am in JP's camp. He never will get everything right, no different than you or me. However, I do feel he is giving his best shot. He is well aware that what is best for ISU is best for JP.
I would like to see who is on the search committee. It would actually be nice if they would be a "outside the box" thinker , to add an everyday fan of ISU on the comittee. That individual would have to respect the cofidentially rules yet be empowered for a vote. Would be interesting to see a laymans thought on everything, without the $$$, the politics, etc. Just outright love of ISU, academically and athletically. And with the later taking center stage since this is not a grant/professor search.

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
How about we forget the opinions and judge Pollard on his results?

Under Bruce Vandevelde's 5 year tenure we went to 4 bowl games and 3 post-season basketball tournaments.

I happen to recall BVD being so incompetent he couldn't even get a someone hired to replace LE. Yep, great AD there...bring him back in a heartbeat.

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
I happen to recall BVD being so incompetent he couldn't even get a someone hired to replace LE. Yep, great AD there...bring him back in a heartbeat.

As long as you're going to bash AD's for coaches that jet you'd better tag Floyd's departure square on BVD's head.

BTW...where is that genius of an AD at now????? What about Wayne Morgan his bball coach?

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
What??? Is it Pollards fault he hired the best man for the job at the time? He was lied to by Chizik and there is no way he could have stoped this.

Thats just ridiculous. Chizik proved he was not the best man for the job at the time. Not even close. Yes it was Pollards fault that he did not hire the right guy at the time.

bmuff

Apr 7, 2006
Interesting. Outside of ISU merely being a stop before a bigtime job, Hoke seemed like an ideal candidate to me. I think we need to realize that if James Pollard (please quit ruining ISU athletics) hires a name that everyone is throwing around right now they won't be at ISU if they have success. Hoke would have been in my top 3 of legitimate contenders, and I'm not sure he would have seriously looked at ISU. I don't think Gill will seriously consider ISU. I can see Bohl, Barnett, Martin, Loney, and Farley as very legit candidates.

Please let me know what you didn't like about Hoke.

Hoke wouldn't have seriously looked at ISU?? He went to SDSU for God's sake, which in most circles would be looked at as a step DOWN. I heard that he didn't even have his own office at Ball St. If ISU wanted him, they could STILL have him. I have doubts about him, though, since a lot of his success came off of one good player.

These people hating on Pollard, I would like to know what you think he did wrong. Setting season ticket sales records? All of the facilities work? Chizik had a good resume, so I don't see where this is Pollard's fault. I for one am glad that he's in charge and working on this hire.

Reactions: Bobber

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Maybe the handwriting was on the wall after the first kent state game when we came out flatter than a pancake. And we said the players were not playing too hot. It was the coaching in retrospect.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
You forgot a word.

Anyone who has ever interviewed and hired people on a regular basis knows that about half of the process is from reviewing the facts, and the other half is a pure gut instinct. I do not see how Pollard could have expected another team to come in here and taken him away after a couple of crappy seasons. If he had done well and then skipped town, that may have been expected, but that also would have left us in a much better position. I won't fault Pollard in this at all.

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
hey! some good news... ryan mosby said he is still committed to ISU! hes one of our better commits so far..

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
Anyone who has ever interviewed and hired people on a regular basis knows that about half of the process is from reviewing the facts, and the other half is a pure gut instinct. I do not see how Pollard could have expected another team to come in here and taken him away after a couple of crappy seasons. If he had done well and then skipped town, that may have been expected, but that also would have left us in a much better position. I won't fault Pollard in this at all.

Ain't no one other than the Auburn AD that had any clue that Chiz was going to get hired away.

leg4cy

Apr 12, 2006
Humboldt, IA
Thats just ridiculous. Chizik proved he was not the best man for the job at the time. Not even close. Yes it was Pollards fault that he did not hire the right guy at the time.

Who was the better hire at the time?

Kelly wouldn't commit because he wanted Michigan St. Brewster? He didn't have head coaching experience and didn't have the credentials Chizik did. Harbaugh? Had head coaching experience at D-1AA but greener than Chizik in terms of experience coaching. Norvell? No. Loney? Not a chance at the time because of his Mac connections. Rhoads? Same reason as Loney.

Reactions: BigBake
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron