FB Team Meeting Now???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Istate

Jul 15, 2008
Thank god.

Interesting. Outside of ISU merely being a stop before a bigtime job, Hoke seemed like an ideal candidate to me. I think we need to realize that if James Pollard (please quit ruining ISU athletics) hires a name that everyone is throwing around right now they won't be at ISU if they have success. Hoke would have been in my top 3 of legitimate contenders, and I'm not sure he would have seriously looked at ISU. I don't think Gill will seriously consider ISU. I can see Bohl, Barnett, Martin, Loney, and Farley as very legit candidates.

Please let me know what you didn't like about Hoke.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I think we need to realize that if James Pollard (please quit ruining ISU athletics) hires a name that everyone is throwing around right now they won't be at ISU if they have success.

That's kinda the point that's being thrown around. People wouldn't be hurt as bad right now if Gene had brought any kind of success. Fact of the matter is though, he didn't. He left us high and dry with no return on his salary. THAT'S the problem with him leaving.

dbronco7sc

Mar 25, 2006
Brookings, SD
Visit site
I can't believe we are sucking up to Pollard. He crashed this plane...

Well while we're all at home enjoying the holidays with our family... JP will be working due to this mess.

I can't believe anybody is complaining about Pollard. There were VERY FEW people who complained about the chizik hire and most were estatic. Sometime's people get unlucky... did anybody here predict that Chizik was going to pull the stunt he did. How can we expect that Pollard KNEW he was going to do this... and all the EXPERTS said Chizik was a spectacular hire when it happened.

Don't call Pollard out if you've got nothing to back it up. Other than an unlucky hire with Chizik (who's to say any of the other options would have done better) what has Pollard done wrong for ISU? I think McD was and is the perfect hire for us (you can't call his character out... and those who actually follow the team can see there's improvements being made). He's setting us up for year's to come... if we had a new AD come in... he'll look amazing due to the things JP has done to put us in a good position.

Reactions: mj4cy

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
Well while we're all at home enjoying the holidays with our family... JP will be working due to this mess.

I can't believe anybody is complaining about Pollard. There were VERY FEW people who complained about the chizik hire and most were estatic. Sometime's people get unlucky... did anybody here predict that Chizik was going to pull the stunt he did. How can we expect that Pollard KNEW he was going to do this... and all the EXPERTS said Chizik was a spectacular hire when it happened.

Don't call Pollard out if you've got nothing to back it up. Other than an unlucky hire with Chizik (who's to say any of the other options would have done better) what has Pollard done wrong for ISU? I think McD was and is the perfect hire for us (you can't call his character out... and those who actually follow the team can see there's improvements being made). He's setting us up for year's to come... if we had a new AD come in... he'll look amazing due to the things JP has done to put us in a good position.

People are out on a witch hunt... JP's a very easy target.

I agree with you..., but it sure would be nice if his hires would do better...

MNclone

Apr 10, 2006
Burnsville, MN
How long did Pollard take to Hire Chizik?
If I remember correctly, it was only a few days between Mac getting canned, and Chizik being introduced. Anyone remember the exact time frame?

I would guess that this time will take a bit longer, because it was so unexpected. Pollard could do some looking around before he had to make a decision last time.

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
He hired him a couple weeks after the season.
Mac announced with 2 or 3 weeks left that he was done.

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
Pollard hired GC because he was supposed to be the next big thing and figured that he would turn ISU around then leave. When he left ISU would be in good shape for the next guy - no way in his wildest dreams did he think things would work out this way.

NO ONE has been upset with the hires when they have been announced, Mcd and GC were great choices at the time and they are not working out.

I know there is some talk about McD's future, well lets keep this in our memory when everyone is crying to bring Mac back because he was loyal. McD is about as loyal as we are going to find as a basketball coach and that alone should buy him 2 more years to get the ship turned around.

Reactions: kingcy

Ficklone02

Apr 11, 2006
City by the Bay

Agreed. Chizik at the time looked like a great hire. The best we could get. All the "experts" wondered why he would agree to go to ISU, instead of waiting for a job not unlike Auburn. I was sort of in camp Kelly...hoping we could get Brian. Turns out JP tried that route. Can't say I really disagree with anything JP has done there.

zach

Jul 17, 2006
The Subs

Those bashing JP need to get a life. JP was brought in because he was brave enough to take on ISU's task at hand...so go ahead and bite the hand that is trying to improve things. I am glad he is here and trying to help, unlike the guy that just left. Last time I check, we all make mistakes and get punk'd. JP and the team got punk'd by GC.

Z

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
just hope he doesn't try to pull a rabbit out of a hat and take 3 weeks. Get 3 guys on the phone this weekend and meet with them Mon-Wed then make an offer on Thursday.

rhillary

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 31, 2007
Plainfield, IL
Those bashing JP need to get a life. JP was brought in because he was brave enought to take on ISU's task at hand...so go ahead and bite the hand that is trying to improve things. I am glad he is here and trying to help, unlike the guy that just left. Last time I check, we all make mistakes and get punk'd. JP and the team got punk'd by GC.

Z

Amen brother! I realize JP's coachs haven't panned out yet but I don't think anyone can fault him for the guys he picks. I think he is doing the best job anyone could at ISU and I hope he stays for years! I just hope that McDermott ends up being the man here in the next 2 years and we end up with a good coach in football.

Reactions: kingcy

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008
Don't call Pollard out if you've got nothing to back it up.

How about we forget the opinions and judge Pollard on his results?

Under Bruce Vandevelde's 5 year tenure we went to 4 bowl games and 3 post-season basketball tournaments.

Under Jamie Pollard's 3+ year tenure we have gone to no bowl games, no basketball tournaments, and the two major revenue sports programs have both gotten much worse. The only things that have gone up under Pollard's tenure are ticket prices and donations.

Jamie has sold us on the fact that championships cost money. He's gotten us to pay ticket prices and donations that are the highest in our history and among the highest in the Big XII. And he's delivered crap. I've read and heard enough opinions and excuses, it's time for Jamie to deliver.

Status
Not open for further replies.