Favorite Christmas Carol

What Is Your Favorite Christmas Carol

• Total voters

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007
Not really a carol but I kind of like Lo, How a Rose E'er Blooming. Played a lot around Christmas.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Silent Night. Used to sing it to my baby boy when driving around looking at Christmas lights to get him to go to sleep. Transfer from car to crib always a little iffy though.

CLONECONES

Mar 15, 2012
RVA
"Carol of the Bells" for classic/hymn/that type of carol

Paul McCartney's "Wonderful Christmas Time" for a more contemporary style

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
Where you thinking of traditional caroling songs? Does anyone still go caroling?
My 6 and 4 year old daughters and I went for a walk Sunday night after supper. Eventually it turned into caroling. We plan to recruit some more people and go again this weekend.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
O Come all Ye Faithful will always bring tears to my eyes. Why? I surely don't know.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I voted for "O Holy Night," but I also really like "Little Drummer Boy" and "Do You Hear What I Hear?"

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Hate the religious aspect of them but... I loves me some 'carol of the bells' and a real soft spot for Little drummer boy' brrrumpp a bummmm bummmm

Huh? You Hate the religious part of 'carol of the bells'?

***edited a lot of this, I didn't realize that Chris t was a bad word***

bugs4cy

Jun 7, 2009
Story County
Where you thinking of traditional caroling songs? Does anyone still go caroling?

We carol in our little town 20 minutes outside of Ames. Fifteen to twenty people will meet at our house for libations at 5 pm on Sunday, carol, and then more food and drink following the trek around town. The activity originally started with the local Lions club but now lots of non-Lions show up (thank goodness because the overall tune needed help) and we focus on mostly on elderly and shut-ins. - Not bad for a town of 330.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
If you get tire of listening to carols try the Nutcracker Suite. It seems Christmasy

Our company nixed the holiday e-cards our division was going to send out, because the background music from Nutcracker was "too non-secular". I wish I was making that up.

We have earnings problems this quarter, and we are paying some guy probably at least $50k to tell us that wordless classical music is too religious.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
It's not "religious" but I have always loved the instrumental version of Sleigh Ride by Leroy Anderson.

Also, this:
[video=youtube;HGVNzgUxE-g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGVNzgUxE-g[/video]

Modern, yet still traditional and moving.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron