Favorite Christmas Carol

What Is Your Favorite Christmas Carol

• Total voters

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
What is your favorite Christmas Carol from the above list? Clonedude's post got me curious.

I'm mostly just curious about the old-school religious ones, but hopefully this doesn't have to go to the cave.

Last edited:

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
I guess two of my favorites didn't make the list: Carol of the Bells and Hallelejuah Chorus
The Hallelejuah Chorus is iffy just as a Christmas Carol. I LOVE it though. My church used to sing it every Easter.

Carol of the Bells is pretty good to.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Where you thinking of traditional caroling songs? Does anyone still go caroling?

Yeah, that's a great way to put it. The only reason I didn't vote for O Holy Night is cause I can't sing it worth a crap.

kilroy

Jun 10, 2010
hills to flat lands
Hate the religious aspect of them but... I loves me some 'carol of the bells' and a real soft spot for Little drummer boy' brrrumpp a bummmm bummmm

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
Hate the religious aspect of them but... I loves me some 'carol of the bells' and a real soft spot for Little drummer boy' brrrumpp a bummmm bummmm

I had to come to terms with the whole "birth, baby, born" words the first weekend radios were playing them. That was worse. :yes: :smile:

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Yeah, that's a great way to put it. The only reason I didn't vote for O Holy Night is cause I can't sing it worth a crap.

ha, and that's the reason I ended up voting for it - it's my favorite one to sing. I like all of them though, and love a few - Carol of the Bells, Hark the Herald Angels Sing, Come All Ye Faithful, Angels We Have Heard on High.........Celtic Women do a great job with most of these :)

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I loved doing the Christmas concert in Stephen's and hearing the audience sing all the carols in between choirs. Lot of bang for your buck instead of hoping Christmas church service will pick all the ones you like. Because they never do, they always slip It Came Upon a Midnight Clear or something else in there.

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
I really like Mercy Me's version of Little Drummer Boy (I tend to be a traditionalist for Christmas songs)

[video=youtube_share;7Y09LZ5N42E]http://youtu.be/7Y09LZ5N42E[/video]

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
I really was kind of surprised to see Angels we have Heard On High on the list. I voted for that one. Brings back memories of my younger brother after church singing the words, "Gloooooooooooooria, In excelsius Day Old Bread."