F*CK IOWA

DGC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 16, 2018
Iowa fans believe they have the best of everything over Iowa State.

That even includes having the crappiest sports program. TJ takes over a mess from Prohm and has had immediate success, but Fran "had it much tougher than TJ because of the mess from Lickliter"
They will brag about having a better football record than ISU and wont mention that they play in the Big 10 west. There are at least a dozen high schools in Iowa that would have winning records in the big 10 west.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Been to two games at Kinnick. That is enough for one lifetime
I have been to 5 or 6 and if you are a fan of EIU, I am sure you think its great, but for the average football fan its a pain in the rear. Like any old stadium it's just not up to modern standards except in the North Endzone which was just recently redid. One of the most common complaints from EIU fans about JTS its just a huge parking lot around the stadium, no character like the neighborhoods surrounding Kinnick. But when those parking lots are full of fans, all tailgating it's a great atmosphere. Fairly easy to get in and out of, without a ton of walking.
10 years or so when EIU played at Soldiers Field in Chicago all the EIU fans were talking how great the tailgating was, and row upon row of EIU tents and tailgates. I just thought it's like that every game at ISU, and you complain it lacks charm and character, but have EIU fans do it in the parking lot at Soldiers Field and it's unbelievable.

Kinnick sucks for the average fan.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I have been to 5 or 6 and if you are a fan of EIU, I am sure you think its great, but for the average football fan its a pain in the rear. Like any old stadium it's just not up to modern standards except in the North Endzone which was just recently redid. One of the most common complaints from EIU fans about JTS its just a huge parking lot around the stadium, no character like the neighborhoods surrounding Kinnick. But when those parking lots are full of fans, all tailgating it's a great atmosphere. Fairly easy to get in and out of, without a ton of walking.
10 years or so when EIU played at Soldiers Field in Chicago all the EIU fans were talking how great the tailgating was, and row upon row of EIU tents and tailgates. I just thought it's like that every game at ISU, and you complain it lacks charm and character, but have EIU fans do it in the parking lot at Soldiers Field and it's unbelievable.

One of my sons had a friend whose family lived a few blocks from the Law School. I finally got my neighbor whose little girl eventually died of kidney cancer hooked up with them for a closer place to park to the hospital. Even not game days, the price was really adding up. But they had horror stories of what and who they found in their yard. Many futile calls to cops. I suggested angry looking dogs.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
One of my sons had a friend whose family lived a few blocks from the Law School. I finally got my neighbor whose little girl eventually died of kidney cancer hooked up with them for a closer place to park to the hospital. Even not game days, the price was really adding up. But they had horror stories of what and who they found in their yard. Many futile calls to cops. I suggested angry looking dogs.
EIU should have done what Fry wanted to do, which was to build a new stadium out to the west by the interstate and give the land the current stadium sits to the hospital. With a new stadium out west, which was nothing but fields at the time, the university could have built a modern stadium with plenty of parking around it, much like JTS. Easy access to the interstate for everyone. Now they have pumped so much money into the stadium rebuilding it, that they are stuck where they are, the hospital keeps taking more land, and there is no place for the average person to park, tailgate and have a good time without it being a total pain in the ass.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
They will brag about having a better football record than ISU and wont mention that they play in the Big 10 west. There are at least a dozen high schools in Iowa that would have winning records in the big 10 west.
Or maybe having the head to head at Jack Trice as well.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Funny that Corteva signed Purdy to be a Pioneer Seeds spokesman for them. Figured with Iowa’s huge marketing of ANF and all the players they put in the NFL, why didn’t Corteva sign one of them. They realized that Iowa is no ag college and this QB gets a ton more exposure than any ex-Iowa player has. F@ck Iowa!!

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

It's not saying much but they've generally been better than ISU in football and I'm hoping the last sentence is forced hyperbole.

I'm not sure if ISU has had the consistency that would lead to 9-10 wins no matter the schedule.

cytown

Aug 8, 2012
Naperville, IL
It's not saying much but they've generally been better than ISU in football and I'm hoping the last sentence is forced hyperbole.

I'm not sure if ISU has had the consistency that would lead to 9-10 wins no matter the schedule.
They have absolutely NOT had the better team since DMac was here. They’ve eeked out some head to heads but in general, declined.

It will only get worse now as they fall to bottom feeder in the new Big10.

• Haha
Reactions: iahawks and 7Got6

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Funny that Corteva signed Purdy to be a Pioneer Seeds spokesman for them. Figured with Iowa’s huge marketing of ANF and all the players they put in the NFL, why didn’t Corteva sign one of them. They realized that Iowa is no ag college and this QB gets a ton more exposure than any ex-Iowa player has. F@ck Iowa!!
I have a relative with a doctoral degree from ISU who works there and get the impression a lot of other Cyclone grads do as well

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
They have absolutely NOT had the better team since DMac was here. They’ve eeked out some head to heads but in general, declined.

It will only get worse now as they fall to bottom feeder in the new Big10.

Yes they have.

And they've had plenty of dominant wins over ISU without Mac.

Do you think ISU has had the consistency to win that many games even with Iowa's schedule?

And what has ISU done? Ascended?

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

Iowa needs to fix up their stadium like Oklahoma. It’s got that old look when you walk in but is modernized inside.

Reactions: BigCyFan

cytown

Aug 8, 2012
Naperville, IL
Yes they have.

And they've had plenty of dominant wins over ISU without Mac.

Do you think ISU has had the consistency to win that many games even with Iowa's schedule?

And what has ISU done? Ascended?
Won 7+ consistently. NY6 trophy. B12 title game we didn’t lose by 40.

Reactions: GTO