F*CK IOWA

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Tough to tell who on their schedule ends up ranked next year. If it's just 2 and it's Ohio State and Washington I don't like their odds. I could see Iowa State, nebraska, Wisconsin and UCLA with a chance to end up ranked and I like their odds more in those game but they could lose any of those too.

When are they going to have good Olines again?

Reactions: GoHawks

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
When are they going to have good Olines again?
I'm in minority here but I don't believe oline was as bad as people think. It's so hard for Iowa to throw and catch. I think you could argue pass protection was mostly good. Running the ball is hard because nobody respects the passing game and Iowa's playing a very predictable scheme into 9 man boxes. If you asked me to rank Iowa's offensive weaknesses in order it would be a deep bench but I'd set it at
1) Quarterbacks
2) scheme/playcalling
3) wide receivers
4) offensive line

This is just my opinion of course and offensive line is far from great but I think it's an OK line If top 3 were improved.

Reactions: BadBoi

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I'm in minority here but I don't believe oline was as bad as people think. It's so hard for Iowa to throw and catch. I think you could argue pass protection was mostly good. Running the ball is hard because nobody respects the passing game and Iowa's playing a very predictable scheme into 9 man boxes. If you asked me to rank Iowa's offensive weaknesses in order it would be a deep bench but I'd set it at
1) Quarterbacks
2) scheme/playcalling
3) wide receivers
4) offensive line

This is just my opinion of course and offensive line is far from great but I think it's an OK line If top 3 were improved.
I feel the OL is the biggest weakness actually. Followed by not having a QB that can at least move or WRs that can get separation. The OL has been horrible the last three years.

Reactions: 7Got6 and GoHawks

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
I feel the OL is the biggest weakness actually. Followed by not having a QB that can at least move or WRs that can get separation. The OL has been horrible the last three years.
You aren't only one. I said I'm in minority. I just think we've had about as bad of quarterback play as you can have last several years and it's made everything on offensive line much much harder. We do ok pass protection wise and it's hard to pass for 100 yards. Until we can throw and catch easier it's going to be hard for any offensive line. This is definitely a step below are norm up front though

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009

Iowa fans believe they have the best of everything over Iowa State.

That even includes having the crappiest sports program. TJ takes over a mess from Prohm and has had immediate success, but Fran "had it much tougher than TJ because of the mess from Lickliter"

• Agree
Reactions: cycloner29

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
Iowa fans believe they have the best of everything over Iowa State.

That even includes having the crappiest sports program. TJ takes over a mess from Prohm and has had immediate success, but Fran "had it much tougher than TJ because of the mess from Lickliter"
So true and well stated. Also, remember that "Fran's doing it the right way."

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
For the average fan, getting in and out of Kinnick is a pain in the ass, you have to park out by the golf course and walk the mile in, or find parking in someone yards. Once instead the stadium, unless you are sitting in one of the premium areas, forget about getting something to drink or use the restroom, you are going to miss most of a quarter in the game. Underneath its wall-to-wall people, pushing and shoving their way to their seat and back. It suffers from the same problem that their BB arena does, too many people trying to get out without being it broken up by different decks. after the game, you get in line and stand, until it starts moving again, it's much worse than JTS. Now if you can afford the premium parking and seating, it's a great place to watch a game, but for the average fan, it sucks.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyrocks

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
For the average fan, getting in and out of Kinnick is a pain in the ass, you have to park out by the golf course and walk the mile in, or find parking in someone yards. Once instead the stadium, unless you are sitting in one of the premium areas, forget about getting something to drink or use the restroom, you are going to miss most of a quarter in the game. Underneath its wall-to-wall people, pushing and shoving their way to their seat and back. It suffers from the same problem that their BB arena does, too many people trying to get out without being it broken up by different decks. after the game, you get in line and stand, until it starts moving again, it's much worse than JTS. Now if you can afford the premium parking and seating, it's a great place to watch a game, but for the average fan, it sucks.
Been to two games at Kinnick. That is enough for one lifetime