F*CK IOWA

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
2 different types of coaches, Campbell encourages guys to go to the NFL if they have good draft prospects and not come back another year.
See David Montgomery, who wanted to come back, but Campbell said no.

Kirk 'King of the Kool Aid" Ferentz wants to keep guys as long as he can.
Hilariously predictable response here. First, it’s not a 100% that he’s staying in college. That said, KF successfully talked that I know of three into leaving early that wanted to come back (Wirfs, Hockenson and Linderbaum). Sometimes kids are just loving their college experience and that’s very much what I’ve heard CDJ is struggling with.

Why didn’t Tampa go to the league last year? He was a high prospect last year but all we heard from you guys how much he loves the university and the culture. Which is why he came back.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Iowa's defense was good against Michigan but I also think they ramped down once up 10-0 and put it in neutral at 17-0. There was no reason for them to push anything at that point. Iowa was never scoring against that defense.

I was texting with my buddy who's a Michigan season ticket holder earlier in the week and he agreed that Michigan played a crazy conservative game. Like he said, they knew that Iowa wasn't a threat to score against them so there was no reason to even try to stretch the field. Contrary to what Iowa fans will try to tell you, Michigan was in complete control start to finish.

• Informative
Reactions: 1776

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Fortunately for ISU fans this will change going forward. Iowa will be in one of the P2 conferences while ISU will be playing in a watered down version of the Big 12. It will be interesting to see the impact of losing your two blue bloods and the money discrepancy between the P2 conferences and the Big 12.
Quit saying P2 ya nut sack there's no such thing. The Big 12 will absolutely be at the big boy table.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
You'd wreck your reputation as a coach with high level players quickly if they even got a whiff that you were putting your interests ahead of their individual goals to get to the NFL. Even Kirk understands this.

DeJean may just believe going into the combine post injury hurts his status enough that he needs to wait and see how rehab goes before a decision gets made.

• Agree
Reactions: 7Got6

Cfinnerty16

Visual Analytics Czar
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
West Des Moines
Hilariously predictable response here. First, it’s not a 100% that he’s staying in college. That said, KF successfully talked that I know of three into leaving early that wanted to come back (Wirfs, Hockenson and Linderbaum). Sometimes kids are just loving their college experience and that’s very much what I’ve heard CDJ is struggling with.

Why didn’t Tampa go to the league last year? He was a high prospect last year but all we heard from you guys how much he loves the university and the culture. Which is why he came back.
You know I was saying all that tongue in cheek mister hawk troll.
He stayed to improve draft stock among other things, wasn't a projected high round draft pick until this year, never higher than 3rd round.
Also it wasn't the NFL luring Tampa, it was Georgia who offered around 900K for him.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018

All three guys you mentioned were first round draft picks, them sticking around another year would not have improved their draft status only weakened it. Tampa was not a first round pick last year, so he had more work to do to move up in the draft.

Reactions: Cfinnerty16

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Maybe not the time person of the year, but he did just win the Frank Broyles Assistant Coach of the Year. He is the best DC in college football IMO.
Also, most crabs of any coach in America.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
1776 n 7got6 why don’t you 2 jus leave, you add nothing of value here.
They%27re-The-Same-Picture.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: 1776 and irish

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
A couple of funny tweets:

1) KF apparently is making up rumors about himself.

2) Iowa fan tries to use this clip to illustrate waving the arms, fielding the punt, and then running the ball is apparently allowed now. However, the official was blowing the play dead before the player was tackled and the official was marking the ball at the spot where the ball was fielded. The Iowa fan actually showed an example of another invalid fair catch being called!

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
KF always says he doesn’t pay any attention to social media, etc…. but he’s hearing rumors about him that nobody else has?? Weird.

Reactions: Cyhig

cyclone82

Sep 22, 2022
A couple of funny tweets:

1) KF apparently is making up rumors about himself.

2) Iowa fan tries to use this clip to illustrate waving the arms, fielding the punt, and then running the ball is apparently allowed now. However, the official was blowing the play dead before the player was tackled and the official was marking the ball at the spot where the ball was fielded. The Iowa fan actually showed an example of another invalid fair catch being called!

Typical sukeye loser ….. refuses to see what actually happened…. on both plays.