ESPN projecting us in Texas Bowl

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008
Take off your cardinal and gold glasses. They just knocked off Penn State in Happy Valley. Who would you have there?

The road to the Big Ten championship does not go through Happy Valley, it goes through Columbus.

Ohio State has won the Big Ten 4 straight years and they're tied for 1st right now. Of course nobody wants to see them get beat by USC again, but that doesn't mean they aren't the favorite to be there.

Stelrs1995

Apr 17, 2006
Waukee, Iowa
Take off your cardinal and gold glasses. They just knocked off Penn State in Happy Valley. Who would you have there?

I have to agree, imo they just played their toughest game of the year. I would say Iowa has a better chance at the Rose Bowl than USC does at this point.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
We have a long ways to go before we start talking bowl game.

The team does. And im sure they know they have a lot of work ahead. Us as fans can certainly talk about it though.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
As long as it's not Shreveport. I made a vow to never go back to that "city" and I plan on keeping it, even if it means missing a bowl game some year.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Between the murmuring about us being close with HB and now the talks of the bowl game, I hope we aren't setting ourselves up for alot of disappointment.

CloneState1028

Jan 21, 2008
Ames, IA via Cedar Rapids
I know they might do it, but I would hate to see them base who goes where off of one game (Ohio St. vs. USC earlier this year). Just because they already played, doesn't mean OSU doesn't deserve to go back as long as they have a better season than the next deserving team.

I really hope the Big Ten doesn't get two BCS teams. They don't deserve it. So as long as OSU runs the table, they'll be there. Not Iowa. I hope.

06Panther

Sep 1, 2008
What type of games do you have left? K-state is winnable. Colorado is winnable, but not a given. Who else?

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Well it's better than already being out of HB's list and working on an 0-4 football season or something. At least we have reason for optimism. It's about time!!

Oh I agree, but the world seems to have a way of kicking us Cyclone fans in the junk as soon as we have a reason to be optimistic. I will try and stay optimistic, but am keeping my cup on just in case.