ESPN projecting us in Texas Bowl

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
They also had Army playing in a bowl game last week and not us. It's cool to be mentioned, but it means jack 4 weeks in.

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
Then you have College football news who has at one spot ahead of Colorado in their rankings with our "2-2" record

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
Mark Schlabach > Tim Griffin

From Tim Griffin's blog:

And here we are four games into the season and Robinson has emerged as the Cyclones' top back and perhaps the most underrated player in the Big 12.

Robinson is gashing Army's defense in big chunks, averaging 7.4 yards per carry at this point of the game. He has already topped the 100-yard mark for the third-straight week.

His performance is making me believe that Paul Rhoads might be able to sneak his team into a bowl game this season. It means three victories in conference play, but if the Cyclones play like they have tonight and last week at Kent State, they have a shot.

Swanson10

Jun 12, 2008
Its possible, but with the new injuries I am going to stay indifferent about it. I think I would rather fly further under the radar.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
IF we were to play in the Texas bowl this year, would we get paid for it this time?

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008

Who else is it going to be?

Ohio State -- they're the Big Ten's best, but they already got beat by USC this year, and got creamed by them last year to boot. Who wants to see that again?

Penn State -- they need to run the table including Ohio State to get back there, but they also got creamed by USC in last year's Rose Bowl. Who wants to see that again?

Next in line are Iowa, Michigan, and maybe Wisconsin -- Iowa & Michigan both got creamed by USC the last time they played also, but it's been a few years. Hopefully Wisconsin gets there, I don't recall that they've played USC for a long time. Spread the beat-downs around!