Emergency Pod: What's next for ISU basketball?

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Blum and I got together right after the news hit tonight. Enjoy.

Reactions: PhiClone1769

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Yes, actually.

U7Ghu2s.gif

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
I guess I'm not on that TJ train. He was mediocre with UNLV, what makes us think it'll be different here?

I'm can't say that kind of hire would be in my Top 3 either (it's also a good thing I'm not the AD), but I'll admit CDub gives a few sound reasons in this pod how TJ could more easily, and relatively quickly, replicate his SDSU success here in Ames (compared to his UNLV experience to date).

Last edited:
Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
I agree with many of the points CW made. I am actually thinking now that TJ might be the best choice. Give him a shot. Why not? The program is in a dumpster fire and the guy can recruit.
TJ isn’t the “best” choice, but he’s a solid person if a couple A+ candidates fall through.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Not sure this is the right move for CW. He already admitted he can’t be objective about TJ since they’re best friends.

Listening to it, they went down through the list of names that have come up, but he acknowledged his personal connection and bias related to the hire. I think that's about the best way to handle it. Of course he's going to have biases with someone who's been around ISU so long, better to be out front with them.

Minnyclonenut

Mar 1, 2021
I'm can't say that kind of hire would be in my Top 3 either (it's also a good thing I'm not the AD), but I'll admit CDub gives a few sound reasons in this pod how TJ could more easily, and relatively quickly, replicate his SDSU success here in Ames (compared to his UNLV experience to date).
Replicate SDSU success? From the 3 years of coaching their he’s had 2 players that he actually recruited on his own who has done anything for SDSU in 5 years. That’s kind of confusing

• Creative
Reactions: GetAwesome

Tlyon

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 26, 2017
Good points about the older coaches like matta possibly being a little slow to adapt. My top 2 are Devries and Tang, but I wouldn’t be upset with tj or smith. Whoever it is I’ll support!

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
Well, I've been reading UNLV message boards and they seem to think T.J. is our coach now (as if it's a formality). Been reading it will be official by the end of the week. That's crazy to think!!!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron