Eikmeier spotting at the Kansas game

Carl1977

Apr 27, 2006
Cambridge, Iowa
Haluska, parents, girlfriend and friend were sitting right near us. He wasn't wearing any ISU gear, he was wearing some expensive clothing (go figure) but my friends were being so loud that Adam and his dad were yelling at my friend. It was pretty funny

Not funny, but immature. Sorry. Let it go.

Jul 25, 2007
I'm a nomad.
So then you must own this on DVD...

Own the movie? Shoot, I try and live my life by that movie. Although, I'm not a truck driver, and I don't have a son with a lady who's father is wealthy. I do love Kenny Loggins' music though and I enjoy arm wrestling strangers in truck stops and other random places.

The big joke in the arm wrestling community is that Sly Stallone's trick technique he uses in the movie is generally considered a dirty play.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
SH will do even better next year. Hey, gang, we need every point we can get to play in the Big 12.

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
Own the movie? Shoot, I try and live my life by that movie. Although, I'm not a truck driver, and I don't have a son with a lady who's father is wealthy. I do love Kenny Loggins' music though and I enjoy arm wrestling strangers in truck stops and other random places.

The big joke in the arm wrestling community is that Sly Stallone's trick technique he uses in the movie is generally considered a dirty play.

The soundtrack can still be purchased on Amazon:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Over-Top-Original-Picture-Soundtrack/dp/B0000026AC]Amazon.com: Over The Top: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack: Giorgio Moroder,Robert Loggia,Susan Blakely,Rick Zumwalt,David Mendenhall,Chris McCarty,Terry Funk,Bob Beattie,Allan Graf,Magic Schwarz,Bruce Way,Jimmy Keegan,John Braden,Tony Munafo,Randy[/ame]

Better get it while you can. It is hard to say how long these hotcakes will last.

(I'm sure you already have the sountrack but 8-track players aren't going to be around much longer. Best to switch to CD while you still can.)

KMAC_ATTACK

Feb 20, 2007
Waterloo
Back to Wes, i understand the whole small school stereotype, but, if you look at the competition this kid and his team has faced its been above their size school every game. Every game is against a C, B or A division school, and i realize that Division A basketball in Nebraska does not compare to Division P league ball in NYC, but, the kid is playing against the best teams in the state and has not been held in check yet, plus they're winning and he's the focal point. That tells me he's a winner, and we don't need a team of slashers, i'll take a couple slashers Buckley, Garrett, Johnson and two kick butt outside shooters in Eik and Lucca - you want to improve the inside game, have some guys that can knock down big time outside shots and suddenly that paints not so full of opposing guys.....they have to be out defending, its a great luxury to have.....All we need is a big time 5 i dont care if its a juco, someone from europe, transfer from another school, i don't care, we get a big time 5 player and our roster will be something next year......Calling all good JUCO centers, we have a spot for ya,,,,,step right up and get some PT on a team that can compete for a NCAA berth!!!!!

Eik is a stud and i think we may be comparing him to the Mayor as far as toughness and his ability to fill the bucket......cant wait to see Buckley or Garrett drive and be able to pass it back out to Staiger or Eik and watch those rainbow threes twinkle the twine.......cant wait!!!!!!!

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Yeah, great way to show our potential future Cyclones how we treat people there. I'll admit, I'm not a fan of Adam after he bailed on us after saying he was going to stay just days before that but show some class and don't harass him. He and his family have every right to come to Hilton to watch Sean play and you have to respect that. Keep your thoughts about what happened in the past to yourself. Save your energy for the refs and the other team!

I wouldn't be surprised if Adam is playing for the Iowa Energy before long actually.

hall4cy

Oct 22, 2007
Dallas, TX
He was a freakish athlete. When rumors starting flying around about him transferring from Iowa State, A&M called and wanted him to play TE for them. He could have been a great TE

not that this is relevant to ike, or anything....but Adam Haluska was a grade younger than me in High School and we both played football for carroll high. Yes he was fast and all, but couldnt take a hit, and would have been worthless as a tightend. You hafta be able to take a hit and take balls away from defenders as a receiever. He wasnt the guy for that. He wasnt ever one to go across the middle. Great athlete however....football wasnt his sport tho. TRACK TRACK TRACK

Splendid

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines
Haluska, parents, girlfriend and friend were sitting right near us. He wasn't wearing any ISU gear, he was wearing some expensive clothing (go figure) but my friends were being so loud that Adam and his dad were yelling at my friend. It was pretty funny

Great, we have 13000 fans screaming for our team to win on the floor and a few neanderthaws screaming at a family supporting a son/brother. Tell me this, are you knuckledraggers going to keep it up next year too? Grow up.

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
.. my friends were being so loud that Adam and his dad were yelling at my friend. It was pretty funny

Um, your friends are losers. Absolute losers.

Adam played here what, 6 years ago? Friggin get over it. His bro is playing great for us lately and we continue to have dip***** yelling at Adam - who is sitting with his PARENTS in the FAMILY section.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Um, your friends are losers. Absolute losers.

Adam played here what, 6 years ago? Friggin get over it. His bro is playing great for us lately and we continue to have dip***** yelling at Adam - who is sitting with his PARENTS in the FAMILY section.

Not to mention that there is a third Haluska brother who is a soph, that we just might want to come here some day...

RyCy04

Sep 26, 2007
Omaha, NE

There is an "arm wrestling community" that exists?!?!?
A. How does one get into this community?
B. What kind of social gems belong to this community?

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Not to mention that there is a third Haluska brother who is a soph, that we just might want to come here some day...

Excellent! Did not know that. Is he showing signs of greatness?

hall4cy

Oct 22, 2007
Dallas, TX
Excellent! Did not know that. Is he showing signs of greatness?

He is taller than sean....less athletic than Adam....probably less coordinated than both, but obviously he is only a soph and needs to bulk up. Both Sean and Adam were on varsity playing as freshman and Blake(the third) was on the frosh squad last year. He is playing varsity this year and getting a dozen a game..we should start to see him get alot better between this year and next.

CloneB18

Feb 26, 2008
I've been wondering how Blake was developing. Sean never really impressed me until his Junior and Senior years in high school, but even then I never thought of him playing for Iowa State, let alone this well. I heard he really blew up while at Indian Hills, as his shot has definitely improved (and a quicker release) since high school.

And I agree about Adam and the football thing. He was a pretty good baseball pitcher for awhile and athlete in the outfield too, but not the best hitter.

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
Hey dude, if you need drugs to get high then you've never had a 2 hour arm wrestling match.

No offense intended - that was just an odd, odd story and fankly I think you made it up! :wink: If not, hey, whatever floats your boat.

As far as arm wrestling, I don't have time for two hours of it but I did once try to do it on a slate lab counter and I don't recommend that. Bad for the elbows...

On the Adam note, I agree, he's there supporting his brother and essentially the team. Good for him.

NebrClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
You will be suprised at how good Wes can get to the basket. I have not seen a single or double team all year that kept him from driving to the baskert.

rd4isu

Apr 11, 2006
You will be suprised at how good Wes can get to the basket. I have not seen a single or double team all year that kept him from driving to the baskert.

Yeah, but Wes is playing against cardboard cutouts. How will he do against real people? *sarcasm*

What's intriguing is that he seems to have skills beyond a pure "catch and shoot" shooter. Should be interesting to watch his career at ISU.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron