Drake @ Iowa Game Thread

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
I agree. I'm not looking for momentum at this point. Right now, I just want to see fundamental improvements. Turning the ball over 16 times seems like a bunch, but considering the full court D Drake played, it was pretty good IMO. Plus, I know Drake had a cold shooting night, but a lot of that was due to Iowa's defense. Sure, they missed about 10 lay ups, but none of their points came easy.

I dunno, I gotta be positive right now :cool:

Hey on the positive side.... This was Drake's "NCAA CHAMPIONSHIP GAME" :biglaugh:

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
I agree. I'm not looking for momentum at this point. Right now, I just want to see fundamental improvements. Turning the ball over 16 times seems like a bunch, but considering the full court D Drake played, it was pretty good IMO. Plus, I know Drake had a cold shooting night, but a lot of that was due to Iowa's defense. Sure, they missed about 10 lay ups, but none of their points came easy.

I disagree with one point here. 16 TO's IS a lot, I don't care who you are.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk

Good thing they didn't make those 10 lay ups. Your arguement about points not coming easy would be shredded, plus that D wouldn't of looked so great.

I don't know how you can call it great defense if 10 lay ups are missed. They had simple drives where they blew by Iowa defenders and couldn't put it in. That doesn't equal great defense

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Good thing they didn't make those 10 lay ups. Your arguement about points not coming easy would be shredded, plus that D wouldn't of looked so great.

I don't know how you can call it great defense if 10 lay ups are missed. They had simple drives where they blew by Iowa defenders and couldn't put it in. That doesn't equal great defense

Iowa missed quite a few open shots too though.

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
SouthernHawk, how does it feel to be a fan of a team that loses to the historically terrible, pathetic, lame Drake Bulldogs.....oh, I just remembered something...nevermind.:sad:

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
SouthernHawk, how does it feel to be a fan of a team that loses to the historically terrible, pathetic, lame Drake Bulldogs.....oh, I just remembered something...nevermind.:sad:

Actually, I don't think Drake is that bad. In fact, I can see them picking up a Top 25 ranking this season. They're 9-1 with their only loss on the road by 6 points to top 20 St. Mary's. Not too shabby.

Losing to Drake sucks - but it's hardly embarrassing this year.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
Southern I would like to thank your fanbase. I see your the biggest loser on it, but come on... This was a gimme

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
Actually, I don't think Drake is that bad. In fact, I can see them picking up a Top 25 ranking this season. They're 9-1 with their only loss on the road by 6 points to top 20 St. Mary's. Not too shabby.

Losing to Drake sucks - but it's hardly embarrassing this year.

I think you are absolutely right. Josh Young reminds me a little of Daniel Ruffin, and the system they run will flummox lots of foes this year. I was thinking they are clearly the state champs this year...it's no fluke.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
I think you are absolutely right. Josh Young reminds me a little of Daniel Ruffin, and the system they run will flummox lots of foes this year. I was thinking they are clearly the state champs this year...it's no fluke.

They are very veteran, pumped up, and are running on all cylinders. Plus, they've got the full court style down almost perfectly. I think we'll finally see Drake make the NCAA Tourney. This is their year.

Of course, I don't see them containing this success. Young, Korver, Cox, and a few others are only going to be on one team together. They kind of remind me of the KU football team this season - 100% team chemistry and a huge drive towards success.

Of course, I'm also pimping them because they're state champs, and it makes me feel a little better about the loss ;)

bld1226

Nov 8, 2006
I didn't get the chance to see the Drake/Iowa game tonight but no one on here or the Iowa board can crown them the State champs as they still have to play UNI twice. I know that UNI lost to Iowa but they did beat our Clones and can still sweep Drake to win the State Championship, or at least make their not be a clear champ. I am happy to see the Drake program doing well. It is too bad that they had to beat us so soundly. As a Panther fan as well, I think that UNI with their size can definitely challenge them this season.

83Clone

Apr 27, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I think that is the first time that I've ever, ever seen a team not shoot a single free throw for an entire game.

It happened to Johnny his first or second year here at KSU. But we we weren't just standing around jacking up outside shots all night long

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron