Dow down 3,000 points in the last week

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
it's at least 20x as deadly as the flu (2% vs. 0.1% per the latest I've read). Please don't spread misinformation

I'm fumbling for a question here...but is this an apples-to-apples comparison? In other words, are we comparing Covid-19 victims to unvaccinated flu victims? Because the flu vaccine can't always prevent the flu but if I'm not mistaken it generally lessens the severity of the flu if you do get it.

I hope that makes sense.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Links to what??? I"m not interested in throwing this thread to the cave, maybe you are? I assume you weren't living in a cave the year Obama ran for reelection?

The point is, supporters on both sides say stupid **** to support their biases.

The market was humming along when re-election time approached for Obama, but the economic stats (GDP growth, income growth for familes, etc) were not impressive historically.

The retort from supporters I saw often: well....my 401k balance sure looks great!

Just the kind of response that adds fuel to the disenfranchised and allows a guy like Trump to get elected 4 yrs later.

The President saying “look at your 401ks!” Vs. Random voters saying “My 401k is doing great!”...Byoumer special!

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
It less deadly than the flu, and nobody bats an eye at that every year
Mortality rate is about 20-30 times higher. Not really a good comparison to look at absolute numbers of fatalities of a virus still in its early stages of spreading vs one that has been camped out in every continent.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
Links to what??? I"m not interested in throwing this thread to the cave, maybe you are? I assume you weren't living in a cave the year Obama ran for reelection?

The point is, supporters on both sides say stupid **** to support their biases.

The market was humming along when re-election time approached for Obama, but the economic stats (GDP growth, income growth for familes, etc) were not impressive historically.

The retort from supporters I saw often: well....my 401k balance sure looks great!

Just the kind of response that adds fuel to the disenfranchised and allows a guy like Trump to get elected 4 yrs later.

Your contention is that Obama mentioning 401k's got Trump elected, yet then I see Trump's twitter account and it's so very confusing...

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
Your contention is that Obama mentioning 401k's got Trump elected, yet then I see Trump's twitter account and it's so very confusing...

First off, no I don't unless you can't distinguish that nuisances exist in any discussion like this.

More importantly, please don't expect me to explain or support Trump's narrative. You must have me confused with someone else.

(I don't understand why so many people assume everyone is aligned with one tribe or the other. A lot of us are not)

Clonefan2022

Feb 20, 2020

Yeah that didn’t age well. Though, the stock market will probably rebound once the coronavirus is less of a threat.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Massive volume today; probably 3x ave daily vol. And the SPY broke the 200-Day Moving Average. A case could be made for a 20% correction, which takes it down to 275ish, but maybe it can find support at the Oct low around 285. Not good to try to time this bottom.
SPY.png

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Massive volume today; probably 3x ave daily vol. And the SPY broke the 200-Day Moving Average. A case could be made for a 20% correction, which takes it down to 275ish, but maybe it can find support at the Oct low around 285. Not good to try to time this bottom.
View attachment 70442

Yeah it saw that 50 day MA and was like “NOPE!”

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron