Dow down 3,000 points in the last week

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
Yeah, i was going to say, anything anyone's seeing as a particularly good buy right now?
When we have a correction or a global crisis (coronavirus) which the stock market dips, I always turn to the big boys (Apple, Amazon, Alphabet, Tesla, Facebook, and others) to make a little quick cash. These stocks usually get a little inflated because amateurs just like to buy them. Those stocks take a hit because all the people who have no clue what they are doing pull their money out of fear and the price dips.

All of them are down significantly in the past week. They may take a bit to recover, but they will recover eventually. Most of those companies aren't going anywhere.

And no, it's not a get rich quick method, but I've found some easy 20% returns from this strategy.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
I bought SDOW this morning. If the market goes down 1%, I gain 3%. If you want the opposite, you can buy UDOW. Market goes up 1%, you would gain 3%.

The markets are now in a 'Correction.' Share are down 10% from market highs. I don't know how long this will last. Spring will help but will NOT stop the virus from spreading.

Factories in China were starting to come back online but they are missing a lot of workers and supplies to start making things. I've heard Q1 2020 GDP should be viewed as a write off quarter for the US. If I am a company and have any bad news, I want it out in the first quarter.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Wow some seriously wild swings. Checked the Dow about 4”30 minutes ago and had cut losses down to -276. Looked again just now -676

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
I did post this already in another place. Full disclosure. I cashed out a DIA put on the first dive this morning. Wish I had a couple more. Lots of support between 24,500 and 26,100 in the DOW. However, it looks pretty scary below ~25,000.

DOW_2-27.png

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Wondering which pharmaceutical stocks I should me looking at with a potential cure and to cure my 401k blues?