• Yes

Votes: 104 34.3%
  • No

Votes: 199 65.7%

• Total voters

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
I still like to go to an Astros game or two each year. Was better when they were in the NL Central and I could see my Cubs. But the last few years I just haven't been able to give much of a damn about baseball. This lockout could easily be the end of even bothering to see 1 game per year.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
I really don't like the local teams in the town I moved to. The only MiLB team remotely close lost their MLB affiliation too.

Baseball has been dead to me for almost 5 years and I'm good with that.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
As of right now, this very unscientific poll is not a good sign for MLB….. 66% don’t care if there’s even a season…. yikes.

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
Only because of childhood memories. My dad used to fall asleep on the couch during Twins' games (on KWWL) and we would take turns sneaking over to the TV to change the channel. When one of us did, Dad would immediately shout, with his eyes still closed, "I WAS WATCHING THAT!"

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
I put yes because I’d prefer for there to be a season and I enjoy having a game on in the background when I’m around the house or driving.

That being said, I originally put “no” because I wouldn’t really be upset if MLB didn’t have a season. So I don’t know that this is a win for MLB

Skyh13

Mar 17, 2006
Would much prefer there to be a season than not, although I’m not particularly invested this year with the current state of the Cubs.

Also, just want to reiterate (as others have, because some out there still seem to be confused on this), this is a lockout, not a strike. It’s the doing of the owners, not the players.

Reactions: Sigmapolis

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
I really want to see them play and hoped they would be able start by May 1st.
The greed on both sides is ruining the game. All sports really.
It is ridiculous when one of the top guys on my favorite team (Donaldson/Twins) is losing $150,000 for every game cancelled.

stewart092284

Sep 22, 2021
I won't ever quit baseball but yes.... as much as I love football, baseball is my first love. If I could get paid for doing it, I would watch every game a person could, even the Orioles vs. the Rockies 162 times. I know pace of play is a big buzz word nowadays in baseball but I can honestly watch baseball all day easier than I can football

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Would much prefer there to be a season than not, although I’m not particularly invested this year with the current state of the Cubs.

Also, just want to reiterate (as others have, because some out there still seem to be confused on this), this is a lockout, not a strike. It’s the doing of the owners, not the players.

That's where I'm at.
Well, that and crying for the "biblical" financial suffering of the wealthiest owners in baseball.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I usually have a cursory interest during the regular season. I'll follow the standings and the major statistical categories, but I don't usually watch games until the playoffs.

That said, I wouldn't really miss it if they cancelled the whole season. It's a "meh" sport as far as I'm concerned. No specific hate for it, but I can take it or leave it

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
I really want to see them play and hoped they would be able start by May 1st.
The greed on both sides is ruining the game. All sports really.
It is ridiculous when one of the top guys on my favorite team (Donaldson/Twins) is losing $150,000 for every game cancelled.
This one is primarily on the owners. 4 owners, to be specific, who refuse to budge and make a fair deal.

Reactions: GMackey32

PSYclone22

Visual Analytics Mercenary
SuperFanatic
Aug 15, 2012
Des Moines
analytics ruined it for me. 66 pitching changes last World Series.
what was the breaking point for you on pitching changes?

for me it was the 1967 world series when each team used 4 starting pitchers, I still can't believe analytics prompted them to take the ball out of their 2nd and 3rd starters hands so much.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
I love baseball. I grew up going to games and I watch as much of it as I can. But this **** is wearing on me. There's a lot that needs fixed, including the black out situation (for fans) and the pay (for minor league players). It almost feels like they need to sit out a season like the NHL did in the early 2000's and revamp the game.

MugNight

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 27, 2021
Professional Baseball is truly playing out to be “America’s Pastime.”

Top heavy leadership quibbling over an extra 0 on a revenue stream. Hard workers underpaid and put through the meat grinder, living on charter busses with low pay and an uphill climb to the Show. Shot callers out of touch with what the fans want. Inability to adapt and get ahead of the curve while soccer, hockey, and lacrosse make gains on fandom with invigorating fan experiences and engagement.

It’s become a numbers game instead of a rub some dirt on it type of sport. You can take in the whole experience reading a box score on a website. Baseball is meant to be watched in the sunshine with peanut shells at your feet and a cold beer in the cup holder. You should smell the grass and hear the bat crack.

I’ll be disappointed if there is no pro season, especially after it teetered through uncertainty of the pandemic. I have a lot more fun watching minor leagues or college baseball. Seems more pure to me, and cost of entry is reasonable.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyismymonkey