Did Scotty and Chris miss the memo

moforisu

Jun 12, 2006
Way to go guys, I hope Chris pumps you up for this on the air when he gets a chance. NOW, let's go kick some butt and get ready for the post season!

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
The first time I saw "misfits" in the media was in a quote from Royce. I don't know if that was the first it was used, but that's where I first saw it.

It sounded to me like Royce was wearing it as a badge of honor.

Actually, Royce said he was the only misfit and the others didn't deserve to be lumped in with him.

djcubby

Nov 24, 2006
Bondurant
Congratulations to them as well as Bubu and Melvin for making the All Academic Big XII team. I thought transfers were supposed to be a bunch of misfits and thugs. At least that is what a few of my Hawkeye friends like to say.
I'm sorry, and I don't mean for this to go into the In-State Rivals forum, but this pisses me off. So what if Hoiberg went out and found a few guys that had a hard time fitting in with their previous schools. That doesn't mean that they are misfits and thugs, that just means they made a poor decision on their first school. Yes, Royce made some bad decisions while at Minny, but I wouldn't, not in the least bit, call Allen, Scotty, and Badd thugs. They all seem to have found a home and fit right in at ISU.

At least Fred is not out their actively recruiting, and signing, ex-cons like someone we know. What did your hackeye friends think about that one?

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
It amazes me one can get a degree, at an accredited University, with this curriculum.

I think this means to the real world, "I went to college for four years"

Guess what, thats basically all a good number of employers seem to want to see. Doesnt matter what you majored in. Too many employers wanting degrees means more people taking a degree path just for the sheet of paper.

dtISU

Nov 17, 2010
A suburb of Ames
My reaction to Chris Allen was one of surprise. The media labeled the transfers as misfits. SportsCenter type reporters mention Hoiberg's recruiting method with skepticism, and then CA earns 2nd Team Academic All Big 12. That is great news.

I doubt that the academic awards will be mentioned in the media.

Anyone see anything about this in the RAG? I didn't think so. Carry on.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron