Did not see Antwan Oliver on bench today

clonehome

Jul 29, 2006
I know he's redshirted but so is Bubu and I saw him on the bench today. I did not see Oliver on the bench, dressed or in street clothes. Maybe they let him go home early for the holidays since he's redshirted......? I hope he's still with the team because we will need him next year with Gilstrap running out of elibility.

REDRAIN

Nov 30, 2007
Oliver was allowed to go home early for the holidays as he is a redshirt. Bubu obviously didn't have far to go.

MelMel

Oct 24, 2009
Any word on how he has looked in practice? You would think if he has some ball skills that with his size he could turn into a pretty good player down the road.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
He looked pretty good in that one exhibition game. You put some weight on him and I'd be excited. He's a fast one.

CylentButDeadly

May 1, 2009
Windsor Heights, IA
Oliver is extremely raw. He's the type of guy that you hope sticks it out with the program, because I don't know if he's going to be much of a contributor as an underclassmen, but as his body matures and his game matures, he has the talent and potential to be a factor 3-4 years down the road, but hopefully sooner.

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
I recall the exhibition game where he came in and had a couple boards, 3 steals, and 7 points in about 5 minutes.

CylentButDeadly

May 1, 2009
Windsor Heights, IA
I recall the exhibition game where he came in and had a couple boards, 3 steals, and 7 points in about 5 minutes.

Yeah, you can watch him play and see the glimpses of his game and where his talent lies. I think Oliver & Pomlee are kind of in the same boat. Very raw as far as talent & athleticism goes, but with proper coaching and development of their game and strength & conditioning, they could be significant factors down the road. These are the type of guys that you need to keep in the program and develop over the course of 4-5 years. Boozer is another example of a guy that could have left because he wasn't getting a lot of PT, but he's stuck it out and is now a very nice piece to bring off the bench.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
He could be like Houston for Drake a few years ago. Not showing much his freshman and sophmore seasons. When he get's to his junior year he could be really good.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron