Death to Cyclone Alley!

cloneswereall

Aug 12, 2010
People can talk about their glory days of hoops games and awesome attendance, but CA isn't the issue. The difference is winning basketball games. Anyone thinking a t-shirt makes a difference on the cheering is just making **** up to make themselves feel better. Wins get people in seats. We aren't very good, people aren't going to go out of their way to attend games. Its as simple as that.

I stopped going to games after CA people told me "what's up" which equaled them saying they were better than I was while I was a student. That happened the year I graduated, so it wasn't a lasting effect, but it ****** me off pretty good to get me to stop going altogether.

Yea, I understand that CA is "all important," but if I get to a first row seat before you, **** off and sit somewhere else. Don't show up 5 minutes to tip off and berate me (and then get security because of your authority) and expect me to move to the balcony. Also, don't ******* hold the first three rows of the Iowa and Kansas tickets for your friends instead of putting them into the "lottery" for seating.

Reactions: ISUAgronomist

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
I literally counted 78 people in CA today.

Pretty good when you consider 24,000 students go to ISU.

jsmith86

Dec 5, 2006
Cedar Rapids
I stopped going to games after CA people told me "what's up" which equaled them saying they were better than I was while I was a student. That happened the year I graduated, so it wasn't a lasting effect, but it ****** me off pretty good to get me to stop going altogether.

Yea, I understand that CA is "all important," but if I get to a first row seat before you, **** off and sit somewhere else. Don't show up 5 minutes to tip off and berate me (and then get security because of your authority) and expect me to move to the balcony. Also, don't ******* hold the first three rows of the Iowa and Kansas tickets for your friends instead of putting them into the "lottery" for seating.

That is CAC you should be berating, not CA in its entirety.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Everything to do with CA and where the students sit is controlled forced and supervised. How many examples do you want?

I'm fairly sure when I get there, I still get to pick my seats in the designated sections. They have never once forced me to do anything against my will, and I would LOVE some examples of the supervision. Are you in the same CA I am where every other word is an f-bomb? The rules are easy:
- Buy tickets
- Wear the shirt
Not hard to follow. Don't get me started on the bull **** with "I shouldn't have to pay an extra $30 to sit down there." Guess what, if you don't buy it, no, you don't get to sit in the parquet. If you want to sit down there, pay for the tickets, just like everyone else does. Don't wanna pay that? Fine, you paid for your upper deck seat. Feel free to go sit there. I will guarantee you I can find $30 wasted by 99% of the students here so that's not even an excuse.

People ***** for the sake of ********, and this is coming from someone who is far from a fan of CAC.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
This is a bad turnout. Should Cyclone Alley be abolished?

to me this says that cyclone alley was responsible for those great teams in 00 and 01 etc. As if, the team played well because of the great crowd... and now that the crowd isn't showing up, the team isn't winning.
:skeptical:

i know you'll tell me otherwise, but thats essentially the formula you're using

dualforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 9, 2007
Grimes, IA
That is CAC you should be berating, not CA in its entirety.

We should just make the student section "first come, first serve" with a student id. Charge $5 at the door per ticket. With 28,000 students, those sections should be the first to fill and should be filled every game.

Last edited:

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN

They were there before you were. I almost guarantee it. If its anything like now, they're all there before the doors open. If those seats were marked for CAC, then that's your own fault. If they weren't marked, that's a totally different story, but anyone who has been to more than 1 game knows fully well that the seats in the front row in the middle are for CAC.

I literally counted 78 people in CA today.

Pretty good when you consider 24,000 students go to ISU.
28,000+ :wink:

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
We should just make the student section "first come, first serve" with a student id. Charge $5 at the door per ticket. With 24,000 students, those sections should be the first to fill and should be filled every game.

That'd be an absolute nightmare at the doors. Horrible idea. Not to mention the amount of money they'd lose on season tickets.

jsmith86

Dec 5, 2006
Cedar Rapids
We should just make the student section "first come, first serve" with a student id. Charge $5 at the door per ticket. With 28,000 students, those sections should be the first to fill and should be filled every game.

I think that the students would like this too much for the athletic department to ever let it happen. It doesn't prepare them for the repeated kicking in the junk that you take over a lifetime of being a Cyclone fan.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Especially if you include studying for the tests that professors inevitably put this week, and traveling back from the Colorado game. I think sometimes people forget what it is like to be in college.

People also forget that no matter how much they like to be, and no matter how much money they pay, they aren't in college anymore, and this is college basketball. If it really pains you that much that students get good seats, I'm sure that there are several minor league/semi-pro/NBA teams that would love for you to attend their games.

Yep. Hell, i think Hoiberg understands it. He even mentioned in the postgame about Scotty having a ton of tests\projects and how he'd been up til 1 every night this last week.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
I'm fairly sure when I get there, I still get to pick my seats in the designated sections. They have never once forced me to do anything against my will, and I would LOVE some examples of the supervision. Are you in the same CA I am where every other word is an f-bomb? The rules are easy:
- Buy tickets
- Wear the shirt
Not hard to follow. Don't get me started on the bull **** with "I shouldn't have to pay an extra $30 to sit down there." Guess what, if you don't buy it, no, you don't get to sit in the parquet. If you want to sit down there, pay for the tickets, just like everyone else does. Don't wanna pay that? Fine, you paid for your upper deck seat. Feel free to go sit there. I will guarantee you I can find $30 wasted by 99% of the students here so that's not even an excuse.

People ***** for the sake of ********, and this is coming from someone who is far from a fan of CAC.

First off, sorry but you shouldn't have to pay extra to sit in the student section. Second you have to wear a certain shirt. Third If you don't wear said shirt even if you are in CA and have paid all the extra money to be there you can't be there. Fourth the signs and telling you what to do during a free throw is ******** we are crazy college students if you get rid of the structure we will be crazy college students and will wave our arms. Fifth CAC is a bunch of pompous ********. Sixth if you can't go you can't sell your ticket to just any student that wants to go you have to sell it to someone who either has a t-shirt or give them yours. Seventh if friends want to come visit and go to a game they can't sit with you.

I don't care if students waste $30 on other things this is a student section not a frigging club.

FYI I did pay again this year and am in CA but am finding it harder and harder to justify doing that.

Last edited:

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
- Buy tickets
- Wear the shirt

And this is exactly what is wrong with CA. Thanks for making everyone's point for them. Instead of making sure that the lower level gets full you are more worried about making sure the people who maybe couldn't afford the 30 extra bucks can't sit next to you.

Reactions: jsmith86

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
First off, sorry but you shouldn't have to pay extra to sit in the student section. Second you have to wear a certain shirt. Third If you don't wear said shirt even if you are in CA and have paid all the extra money to be there you can't be there. Fourth the signs and telling you what to do during a free throw is ******** we are crazy college students if you get rid of the structure we will be crazy college students and will wave our arms. Fifth CAC is a bunch of pompous ********.

I don't care if students waste $30 on other things this is a student section not a frigging club.

FYI I did pay again this year and am in CA but am finding it harder and harder to justify doing that.

This. Can't see why some people can't understand that part.

dualforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 9, 2007
Grimes, IA
That'd be an absolute nightmare at the doors. Horrible idea. Not to mention the amount of money they'd lose on season tickets.

First of all decide what is more important. The marginal money you make off of student season tickets, or returning the atmosphere to Hilton. You could eliminate the congestion at all entrances, and have a student only entrance.

A different idea is to account for the cost in student fees and just scan id's at the door. Regardless, make it first come, first serve for students. So those students that want to go to a game can go. Out of 28,000 students, we should be able to find 2,000-3,000 every game that will show up. As it is now, only those that buy season tickets can even get in the door.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
First off, sorry but you shouldn't have to pay extra to sit in the student section. Second you have to wear a certain shirt. Third If you don't wear said shirt even if you are in CA and have paid all the extra money to be there you can't be there. Fourth the signs and telling you what to do during a free throw is ******** we are crazy college students if you get rid of the structure we will be crazy college students and will wave our arms. Fifth CAC is a bunch of pompous ********.

I stopped joining Cyclone Alley after the 2005-2006 season because CAC members didn't like my giant brick that I used to wave because it blocks the view of the people behind me for the free throw. If those people didn't like watching the video board for the free throw and didn't like my brick being in their way, maybe they should have showed up before. But CAC didn't see it that way and one CAC member even said "it's like you are trying to become bigger than Cyclone Alley itself."

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN

You don't have to pay extra to sit in the student section. Your season tickets will allow you to sit in the upper level, which is also student section. Your second and third things are not hard at all to do. I've been going to men's and women's games religiously and have NEVER had an issue with that.

You're seriously going to ***** about them having signs for what to do during free throws? No one forces you to do any of the above. Nobody. You really seem to have this "we're crazy college students" thing down. Guess what? Those signs don't prevent ANY of that.

The totally ironic thing is your last statement.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
First of all decide what is more important. The marginal money you make off of student season tickets, or returning the atmosphere to Hilton. You could eliminate the congestion at all entrances, and have a student only entrance.

A different idea is to account for the cost in student fees and just scan id's at the door. Regardless, make it first come, first serve for students. So those students that want to go to a game can go. Out of 28,000 students, we should be able to find 2,000-3,000 every game that will show up. As it is now, only those that buy season tickets can even get in the door.

You would lose a TON of money if you did that. You'd sell out the KU game. You'd have an empty student section every other game. And should football tickets be free too? I mean, my friend who doesn't have tickets can't get in the gates either. You know, the whole point of buying tickets...

The student fees thing will never happen. Already went down that road.

cloneswereall

Aug 12, 2010
They were there before you were. I almost guarantee it. If its anything like now, they're all there before the doors open. If those seats were marked for CAC, then that's your own fault. If they weren't marked, that's a totally different story, but anyone who has been to more than 1 game knows fully well that the seats in the front row in the middle are for CAC.
It was the entire "These seats are saved for our friends, and even though they aren't here, there theirs, not yours." exchange that ****** me off. I can get over it if there was someone in those seats at some point, but there wasn't.

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
We should do away with the student section all together. Spread the students through out the whole stadium, that's how Indiana does it and it works great if it's done right.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Also... what's with the incredibly lame cyclone alley stuff we've had during the timeouts? Who can keep a couple balloons up the longest? Who can make a pedometer count up the most with their head the most times? Dumb.