DC Extended Universe

Boxerdaddy

Oct 19, 2009
Beaverdale, IA
Haha, that show completely perplexes me, as I know there are many people out there who apparently completely love the show. I totally won't deny that. Personally, there hasn't been a show in quite a long time for me more painful to watch than that show. There is no doubt that the tone and goofiness of the show is clearly not hitting with me, while I'm sure it hits with others. But, I've also maybe never been more bored while watching a show as nothing ever seems to happen in the show, like ever. Its clear that they are going for more of an introspective deep delve into each one of the characters throughout the show, but all it came across for me was just trying too hard and it just never worked for me. Its too bad too as I actually really enjoyed Titans, particularly S1, and really enjoyed the Doom Patrol episode of that show which introduced all these characters. It made me excited to watch the show. With that said, its clear the show runners for the solo outing creatively decided to both detach the continuity with these Doom Patrol characters from Titans and also drastically shift the tone of the show. I guess that is their choice to make, so whatever. Its just what they did do just didn't hit with me. However, if you like the show, good on yah man. Again, if it makes you feel any better, I know you are not alone. Probably the closest show I had somewhat similar feelings with was Legion. However, with Legion, I still for the most part enjoyed the show in S1, but S2 completely lost me in some similar ways to Doom Patrol.
It was definitely not what I was expecting. I thought it would be more "superhero-y". They chose to go deep into some serious issues and was more of a drama mixed with some action. I really enjoyed the humor (well most, the farting donkey was a little weird) and actually liked the background on their characters. I don't think i've ever really liked anything else from Brenden Fraiser but I think he knocked this role out of the park. I do remember watching early on and wondering when something would happen, but then just realized it wasn't going to be what I thought and really enjoyed it. Just dipping in to season 2 now so I'm a little late to the game. Thanks for the perspective though, I don't read graphic novels but do enjoy sci-fi but not a "comic book nerd" by any stretch.

Reactions: Triggermv

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Wonder Woman 1984 release date could be pushed back yet again to either November or to late December. The article says Disney would not confirm that Black Widow is still on track for it's November 6 theatrical release so it's possible that Wonder Woman takes that spot.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Wonder Woman 1984 release date could be pushed back yet again to either November or to late December. The article says Disney would not confirm that Black Widow is still on track for it's November 6 theatrical release so it's possible that Wonder Woman takes that spot.

Bummer. This is really getting old.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Pretty soon here, I'm planning on snatching up that free introductory week of HBO Max so that I can knock out the Watchmen TV series. Has anyone seen it yet? If so, what is your thoughts? I'm not the biggest Watchmen fan in general, but it is alright and has some things I like in it. I just re-watched the Ultimate Cut of the movie to get me primed for the show.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
The upcoming Season 6 of Supergirl will be the final season.

I hate to say it but most all the Arrowverse has kind of outlived its prime years in my mind and probably needs to go the way of the dinosaurs.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Pretty soon here, I'm planning on snatching up that free introductory week of HBO Max so that I can knock out the Watchmen TV series. Has anyone seen it yet? If so, what is your thoughts? I'm not the biggest Watchmen fan in general, but it is alright and has some things I like in it. I just re-watched the Ultimate Cut of the movie to get me primed for the show.

Insanely weird.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Insanely weird.

Good to know. I'm currently on episode 4 and its definitely weird to some level so far, but so too was the Watchmen movie. I'm not completely turned off yet, but we'll see. There is no doubt I'm also getting some of those Legion weird vibes in it too. Shoot, the two shows even share a main actress.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Aldis Hodge in talks to play Hawkman in Black Adam.

Black Adam, Atom Smasher, and now Hawkman have actors lined up and it sounds like Dr Fate and Cyclone will also be in the film but the roles have not been cast yet.

Reactions: Triggermv

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Aldis Hodge in talks to play Hawkman in Black Adam.

Black Adam, Atom Smasher, and now Hawkman have actors lined up and it sounds like Dr Fate and Cyclone will also be in the film but the roles have not been cast yet.

While I was originally wanting them to go with more of a Middle-Eastern casting, I really like who they chose

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
More release date delays:

The Batman is pushed back to March 4, 2022

The Flash moved back to Nov 4, 2022

Shazam! 2 moved to June 2, 2023

Black Adam is off the calendar entirely, but doesn’t appear to be cancelled. WB has 2 Untitled “Event” films for June 2 & Aug 5 in 2022 and one of those dates could be reserved for Black Adam.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
More release date delays:

The Batman is pushed back to March 4, 2022

The Flash moved back to Nov 4, 2022

Shazam! 2 moved to June 2, 2023

Black Adam is off the calendar entirely, but doesn’t appear to be cancelled. WB has 2 Untitled “Event” films for June 2 & Aug 5 in 2022 and one of those dates could be reserved for Black Adam.

These feeds are becoming depressing lately

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Looks like Patty Jenkins & Warner Bros are still pushing for a theatrical release for WW1984:

Disney announced that the newest Pixar film, Soul, will not be released in theaters and will instead will launch direct to Disney+ (for free this time, unlike Mulan). Soul will be available on December 25, which is also when WW1984 is scheduled to launch in theaters, so it's going to be really interesting to see how the movies compete against each other.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Looks like Patty Jenkins & Warner Bros are still pushing for a theatrical release for WW1984:

Disney announced that the newest Pixar film, Soul, will not be released in theaters and will instead will launch direct to Disney+ (for free this time, unlike Mulan). Soul will be available on December 25, which is also when WW1984 is scheduled to launch in theaters, so it's going to be really interesting to see how the movies compete against each other.

I was slightly shocked at the Soul news, not necessarily that its going the streaming route, but rather that it is going the free streaming route. A major Pixar headliner is by far the biggest theater intentional to free streaming transition for Disney+ yet. I figured chances of them going more the Mulan premium route was much more likely. Granted, Disney+ has been pretty hard-up for new streaming drops on their platform lately due to shows like Falcon and the Winter Soldier and Wandavision continually getting pushed back.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I was slightly shocked at the Soul news, not necessarily that its going the streaming route, but rather that it is going the free streaming route. A major Pixar headliner is by far the biggest theater intentional to free streaming transition for Disney+ yet. I figured chances of them going more the Mulan premium route was much more likely. Granted, Disney+ has been pretty hard-up for new streaming drops on their platform lately due to shows like Falcon and the Winter Soldier and Wandavision continually getting pushed back.

I'm absolutely shocked about Soul. I wish they'd still put it in theaters anyway. Pixar has beautiful, big, colorful movies and I love seeing them in the theater.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron