DC Extended Universe

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
How many episodes of Agents of Shield have you watched? If you are bored with it right now then you are not right in the head. This current season has been really entertaining.

I haven't watched much Flash, but Arrow isn't some teen drama. It's pretty good. It has it's silly moments, but really good.

Thanks for the thoughts on AOS season 3 as I have yet to see it, so I can't comment on it. I'm one of those guys who can't stand watching ANYTHING week to week, so I either wait for all series to come to Netflix, or I record the series and catch up towards the end. In the AOS case, I'm recording all the episodes and then plan on catching up right before Civil War comes out so that I can see the interplay between the show and the movie realtime.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
I know why they didn't do it, but Suicide Squad would probably have worked better as a rated R movie. I am still excited to see it though.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I finally got to watch last nights TV special DC Films Presents: Dawn of the Justice League. It is available online for those who missed it: http://cwtv.com/shows/more-video/

Great special. This alone got me more excited about the universe than The Suicide Squad trailer. I also just love the darker and more serious tone of the Universe. While I love what Marvel has done with the lighter tone, all said and done, my favorite movie of all time is The Dark Knight, so I also love the darker tone movies too. Also, I just like the idea of doing something different. I don't want them to copy Marvel and it wouldn't be true to their comic roots anyway. I like both sides of the coin so give me both coming from two different Universes and I'm happy. I don't want 2 sugar cookies, but would rather have 1 sugar cookie and 1 chocolate chip. You don't necessarily have to like one over the other. It is okay to like both. My guess is that the DCEU will still likely have some movies that are lighter toned than others (most likely the Flash), which is cool too, just like Marvel has some darker movies than others (Winter Soldier/Daredevil/Jessica Jones).

Last edited:

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
On a side note, what is everyone's opinion on Ezra Miller as the Flash? Yay or nay? I personally still can't fathom what they are seeing and find it to be a terrible move right now. Nothing against Ezra as I truly think he is a pretty good actor and really has the whole goth/misunderstood/quirky/dark/weird/skinny/unathletic thing down, but that dude is not the flash. I'm just fighting keep an open mind on this one and hoping the casting people see something in Ezra I don't.

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
For sure, it is very widely adopted common knowledge by everyone that AOS Season 1 was pretty terrible for nearly the whole first half of the season, only to get some redemption by the end. Again, Season 2 is much better overall and they also start to taper off some of the cheese factor too.

I'll take your word for it. They lost me before the first half of that season was over, and I haven't bothered to give the show a second chance.

My major disappointment recently is that apparently TNT was all set to go with a live-action Teen Titans, but has dropped the project. It is now dead. This makes me very sad. Love love love my girl Raven.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
I'll take your word for it. They lost me before the first half of that season was over, and I haven't bothered to give the show a second chance.

My major disappointment recently is that apparently TNT was all set to go with a live-action Teen Titans, but has dropped the project. It is now dead. This makes me very sad. Love love love my girl Raven.
It would have to be super kiddy for like 14 and under. Not enough demographic for it to work.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA

Saw that too, but I've also heard talk that it is still a possibility, but on a different network. Don't know how true or untrue that is.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
How many episodes of Agents of Shield have you watched? If you are bored with it right now then you are not right in the head. This current season has been really entertaining.

I haven't watched much Flash, but Arrow isn't some teen drama. It's pretty good. It has it's silly moments, but really good.

I watched the whole first season and felt like it was a real grind to keep going. I wanted to like it really bad but ugh. From what I've heard Arrow is the show I'd give a chance if I get into another hero tv series.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
You didn't like the Civil War trailer???? I thought it was awesome and EXACTLY what I was looking for. I love the tone that the Russo Bros set in their movies, and if it is anything like Captain America: The Winter Soldier, I'll be stoked and love it. Should be much better than the direction Whedon went with Age of Ultron. Anyway, sorry to go too much into Marvel stuff on a DCEU forum, especially when I've got a Marvel Cinematic Universe forum for that. Full disclosure too on my background: I'm not a Marvel or DC fanboy, but a lover of both and want both to be awesome.

As for the lack of an ending credits scene after Star Wars... whatever, I don't really care either way.

I liked both Cap Am movies but neither is top 5 comic book movie for me. I thought the fight scene in the trailer looked cheesy in a bad way, but some of the stunts did look cool. Batman v Superman is the same plot and they're both partial Watchmen ripoffs anyway. Suicide Squad looks better than either to me and I am a biased Marvel fan.

Also it's just getting harder for me to be impressed with seeing a trailer because I'm designing toys for most of the properties and get to see the characters, space ships, etc way ahead of time. So when I see a trailer now I know what to expect in terms of visuals. I've been looking at 3D models for most of the 2016 hero movies since last summer. Really cool...but also kind of makes the first time you see certain trailers less special.

I'm glad you weren't bummed out that Star Wars didn't have Marvel style teaser content after the credits :) It was kind of combination funny/sad to see it so rampant at the theater I went to.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I liked both Cap Am movies but neither is top 5 comic book movie for me. I thought the fight scene in the trailer looked cheesy in a bad way, but some of the stunts did look cool. Batman v Superman is the same plot and they're both partial Watchmen ripoffs anyway. Suicide Squad looks better than either to me and I am a biased Marvel fan.

Also it's just getting harder for me to be impressed with seeing a trailer because I'm designing toys for most of the properties and get to see the characters, space ships, etc way ahead of time. So when I see a trailer now I know what to expect in terms of visuals. I've been looking at 3D models for most of the 2016 hero movies since last summer. Really cool...but also kind of makes the first time you see certain trailers less special.

I'm glad you weren't bummed out that Star Wars didn't have Marvel style teaser content after the credits :) It was kind of combination funny/sad to see it so rampant at the theater I went to.

Cool to know you help design the toys out there. Funny you bring that up because toys are almost becoming one of the worst sources of spoilers anymore for upcoming movies, and it usually isn't even the toymakers fault, but rather people stealing snapshots in different ways and posting them on the internet before they are officially released. Shoot, I even just listened to the recent Fatman on Batman podcast (Kevin Smith's podcast) where they were talking about the most recent toy spoilers on the internet now for both Captain America Civil War and B vs S. He even codenamed them toilers. In general, I hate spoilers, so I usually avoid those types of articles (I skipped that part of the podcast), but I can see how tough it is for you since they unavoidable. Shoot, you probably already know who dies in BOTH movies. Again, please DON'T tell me, but you can tell me if you know. FYI.. you should download that podcast and give it a listen as they talk about toilers for a while and how bad they are becoming.

Last edited:

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Yeah, this could be pretty good. Took a nice twist in there, and it looks like there's some good chemistry here.

Good to hear you liked the first episode so far. Like I've stated before, unfortunately, I'll be waiting for the series to get finished to start watching.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
So I got around to watching Legends of Tomorrow and thought it was bad. Bad in the way Heroes is bad. The prison break guys are especially over the top bad. i was really disappointed, will give 2 more episodes.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
While I know this is a DCEU thread and the Arrowverse (DC TV shows) isn't a part of the DCEU, I did say that Arrowverse conversation is welcome too in this thread, so I've got an Arrowverse question. I'm 2/3 of the way through both season 3 of Arrow and Season 1 of the Flash and was wondering what people think so far of the current ongoing seasons of both the Flash and Arrow. FYI.. I've also seen the previous two seasons of Arrow too. Is Flash Season 2 and Arrow Season 4 any good so far? How do they compare to the earlier seasons of each? Not looking for any spoilers, just overall opinions is all. I'm always going to be behind since I refuse to watch week-to-week shows, so I wait for stuff to come out on streaming or Blu-ray, but I like to know what to look forward to.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Anyone else see the final new Batman vs Superman trailer that got dropped yesterday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cle_rKBpZ28

Wowsers!!! I thought this was amazing and that Batman scene is CRAZY and exactly what I was hoping for. All this did was raise my excitement level for the movie because I'm becoming more and more sure that we have a great batman on our hands in this new universe. Yes, it will be nearly impossible for any batman "MOVIE" to surpass The Dark Knight in my mind. However, that isn't to say that there can't be a better "Batman" come about than Bale. Bale was good, but hardly unbeatable for the role in my mind. The success of the Nolan trilogy was way more based on great storytelling, incredible villain performances, good tone, and good world building, than it necessarily was about having the best Batman ever, although that isn't to say Bale was bad at all in the role.

Last edited:

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Anyone else see the final new Batman vs Superman trailer that got dropped yesterday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cle_rKBpZ28

Wowsers!!! I thought this was amazing and that Batman scene is CRAZY and exactly what I was hoping for. All this did was raise my excitement level for the movie because I'm becoming more and more sure that we have a great batman on our hands in this new universe. Yes, it will be nearly impossible for any batman "MOVIE" to surpass The Dark Knight in my mind. However, that isn't to say that there can't be a better "Batman" come about than Bale. Bale was good, but hardly unbeatable for the role in my mind. The success of the Nolan trilogy was way more based on great storytelling, incredible villain performances, good tone, and good world building, than it necessarily was about having the best Batman ever, although that isn't to say Bale was bad at all in the role.
Looks amazing. My only problem, and kind of always my problem, with Superman is that unless Batman has some Kryptonite wouldn't Superman just melt him with his laser vision or toss him into the Sun or something?

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
While I know this is a DCEU thread and the Arrowverse (DC TV shows) isn't a part of the DCEU, I did say that Arrowverse conversation is welcome too in this thread, so I've got an Arrowverse question. I'm 2/3 of the way through both season 3 of Arrow and Season 1 of the Flash and was wondering what people think so far of the current ongoing seasons of both the Flash and Arrow. FYI.. I've also seen the previous two seasons of Arrow too. Is Flash Season 2 and Arrow Season 4 any good so far? How do they compare to the earlier seasons of each? Not looking for any spoilers, just overall opinions is all. I'm always going to be behind since I refuse to watch week-to-week shows, so I wait for stuff to come out on streaming or Blu-ray, but I like to know what to look forward to.

Flash has been OK. They're doing a nice job with the villain of the week tied together with the one major villain, but they really need to get some more cards on the table to flesh out the story. Right now, Zoom is nasty, but that's about all I know from the show so far. They need to nail some things down there.