David Irving Arrested (UPDATE: Charges Dropped)

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
A lot of you are delusional, but we knew that.

To play for Iowa State is a privilege and it should be treated as such. Not only do you get a free education, food, housing and countless other perks, you also get the honor of playing for the Cyclones and their fans.

In exchange for that, don't get arrested, don't rob people at gunpoint, don't beat women, don't do drugs, don't get in fights, don't knowingly transmit STDs (we have one of those, too), don't cheat in school, don't be a drunk, do get at least a 2.0 gap and do try to perform at the highest level possible on the playing field.

Oh, the coaches also have a meeting with the players with expectations and to let them know that they'll be under the microscope in Ames.

Soulja Boy tell em'

Doctor

Aug 19, 2011
This may very well be the dumbest thing I have ever read, anywhere. Oh, now I get it Doc, you think you ARE GOD. My mistake. Go away.

I'd ask you to read it again, but I know your lips must be tired.

There are things that come with a major sports scholarship. A microscope is one of them in most cases. The microscope doesn't differentiate the good from the bad, so the player decides what's seen.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
The one with scissors and a fistful of women's hair in his hand?

What is wrong with wanting to wait until we have all of the information? I would assume after the Bubu case a lot of people really don't want to rush to judgement on an issue like this. Just a thought.

Spam

May 21, 2008
Rhoads sees crimes before they happen. And he punishes his players before they commit the crime.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
When I interned for the Des Moines Public Defender's Office I helped alot with the domestic docket. In so many of the cases the police likely could have arrested both parties to the dispute, but I will let you guess which side was arrested the overwhelming majority of the time...

Exactly. I see it all the time, but thankfully the police seem to recognize it, and often let the attorneys know the rest of the story. The arrest on the man is usually done to diffuse the situation, and if it appears that to be an "equal" spat, it is not handled as vigorously from there. If it's pretty clearly a case of someone getting their *** whooped, it's handled differently.

Domestics just flat out suck, regardless of what side of the law you're on. Prosecutors constantly have to deal with recanting, uncooperative victims which can basically kill a case and prevent justice. Defense attorneys have to deal with the stigma of defending wife beaters.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Exactly. I see it all the time, but thankfully the police seem to recognize it, and often let the attorneys know the rest of the story. The arrest on the man is usually done to diffuse the situation, and if it appears that to be an "equal" spat, it is not handled as vigorously from there. If it's pretty clearly a case of someone getting their *** whooped, it's handled differently.

Domestics just flat out suck, regardless of what side of the law you're on. Prosecutors constantly have to deal with recanting, uncooperative victims which can basically kill a case and prevent justice. Defense attorneys have to deal with the stigma of defending wife beaters.

This is going to come off as questioning your knowledge but I'm really just curious. I know you're a lawyer but are you a criminal lawyer?

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
So David Irving, all 6'7 272 pounds of him was being attacked so he had to protect himself??? That's what people are going with?

Even if she did hit him first i seriously doubt That he was really scared of his GF and just had to fight back. Furthermore it wouldnt justify his actions. He is probably three times her size.

She said he punched her several times, held her down and cut her hair and accidentally cut her in the process. All this fighting was goin on with small child in the apartment.

I'm not saying he shouldn't get a second chance but he could get a second chance somewhere else.

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
Rhoads sees crimes before they happen. And he punishes his players before they commit the crime.

Which is BS because if he can see into the future why the **** is he not using that ability to win football games?

THAT is a fireable offense in my book.

nhclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2008
To play for Iowa State is a privilege and it should be treated as such. Not only do you get a free education, food, housing and countless other perks, you also get the honor of playing for the Cyclones and their fans.

In exchange for that, don't get arrested, don't rob people at gunpoint, don't beat women, don't do drugs, don't get in fights, don't knowingly transmit STDs (we have one of those, too), don't cheat in school, don't be a drunk, do get at least a 2.0 gap and do try to perform at the highest level possible on the playing field.

Oh, the coaches also have a meeting with the players with expectations and to let them know that they'll be under the microscope in Ames.

This is reasonable and fair. If its what you were trying to say all along, perhaps you just have an articulation problem.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
How come we weren't able to sweep this under the rug until after the season so he could keep playing, like we did with Gary?

FanatiClone

Sep 26, 2012
wherever i go, there i am
A lot of you are delusional, but we knew that.

Says the middle aged white man who grew up in a middle to upper-middle class neighborhood, whose way was paved with bricks of opportunity and plenty in a town called Pleasantville.

cytown

Aug 8, 2012
Naperville, IL
How come we weren't able to sweep this under the rug until after the season so he could keep playing, like we did with Gary?

I was kinda wondering this myself. The whole Gary thing was silly. Love the kids talent but I was embarrassed as a fan for how that went down.

CycloneTJS

Jan 29, 2009
Cedar Rapids
I think the fact that the guy only averages about 2 tackles a game, has moved positions, and misses more practices than about anyone else on the team (talk to one of the other D-Line players like I have) and you have a case of just another guy with all kinds of potential, without the motor or intellect to realize that potential. He probably hit his girlfriend about as hard as the opposing BigXII quarterbacks, in which case she should be fine. I am not making light of this, this is serious, and his days in Cardinal & Gold should be over. I understand why we have to take chances on guys like this, but when they don't work out - cut the ties QUICKLY, or they become a cancer to the rest of the team.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
Thanks, Courtney.

Rasmus2.jpg

Help Support Us

Become a patron