David Irving Arrested (UPDATE: Charges Dropped)

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008
This season has seriously been freaking hilarious.

All the injuries/bad luck (injuries aren't funny but just the timing and it contributing to the mess)
The crappy coaching and totally obvious sense that they are not prepared each week.
No consistency
People getting arrested/getting suspended/doing dumb stuff.

Seriously this is a HUGE HUGE HUGE mess this year, what the heck Rhoads? My god your program is out of control, the coaching, players, literally everything except the fans.

You have some serious "Evaluating" to do come December, yourself included and it better not be prissy coach talk. Take some action and take control of your freaking program!

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
How come we weren't able to sweep this under the rug until after the season so he could keep playing, like we did with Gary?

I'm pretty sure Gary was suspended during the season for like 3/4 or something. Nobody knew why he wasn't playing though until after the season.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
I'm pretty sure Gary was suspended during the season for like 3/4 or something. Nobody knew why he wasn't playing though until after the season.

Yeah. He robbed someone at gunpoint on campus (a fellow student) and was forced to miss 3 nonconference games. We really cracked down hard on him.

nhclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2008
If not being a **** bag makes me a white knight so be it.
In a small effort toward keeping the peace, im letting this one go. :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:

JBone84

Nov 30, 2006
Rochester, MN
Maybe he was giving her a home haircut to save $, she looked in the mirror and realized it was hideous, so she went berserk on him.

"YOU'VE MADE ME INTO A MONSTER, DAVID!"

:jimlad:

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
The one with scissors and a fistful of women's hair in his hand?

Must be nice to know everything about a situation before the facts come out, in this case apparently based on the fact that Irving is an athlete and whatever else you base your assumptions on. When it comes to the facts in this situation, you're like the rest of us right now, clueless.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
As a parent, it quickly became apparent to me that when something bad happened, each side of the story would be told with that son's perspective...and while each side generally contained facts, those facts would be presented with an agenda (it was my brother's fault)...

The truth is usually somewhere in the middle.

Last edited:

RezClone

Mar 2, 2013
Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, SD
This CPR led football program is in complete shambles. I say it's time to cut ties and move on.

Great idea, buddy! A quick call to some legendary coach here, throw in a few blue chip recruits there, and we can have this problem fixed by next Saturday! Hey, let's get Nick Saban on the phone. Sure, it COULD be a be a slight hindrance that we wouldn't even be able to afford HALF his salary, or that Ames as a destination city is about as unappealing as you can get to 17 year old kids who have barely even heard of Iowa before... But hey, just tell Coach Saban how great Hickory Park is and I'm sure he'll crack.

Comments like these are so astonishingly ignorant of the reality of the college sports landscape that it makes me wonder why people like this identify themselves as sports fans, let alone ISU fans, which would be bad enough in of itself. BUT THEN to take it one step further and actually take the time to sign up for a site like this and use it to go around spreading half-baked destructive opinions like. Seriously, only people who know about as much about college football as my girlfriend or my grandmother would suggest firing CPR. (that's not an exaggeration, they have both innocently suggested it in the form of a question, "can't they just get a new coach?")

We Need to stop giving uninformed people a forum to spew destructive ignorance with regard to our sports programs, particularly football. CPR bleeds for this team and this program he is building, and even an ignorant fan should be able to see that. Even a person functionally football-illiterate should be able to see it, suffer along with him, and appreciate the effort.

Last edited:
Reactions: ExCyment

vortex

Jan 30, 2010
It's true that you can't make any judgements until all the facts come out. I just have to wonder why he attempted to cut off her hair in the first place....weird.

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
It's true that you can't make any judgements until all the facts come out. I just have to wonder why he attempted to cut off her hair in the first place....weird.

I think it said in the article I read that Irving denied cutting her hair. But good question, why would he cut her hair, and if they were arguing, how could he do it while they're fighting. Just a lot of unanswered questions right now and we may or may not ever know the whole truth.

josh777

Apr 13, 2006
The latest...

Iowa State police had previously investigated Irving for a possible sexual assault, but charges were never filed.
Irving’s cell phone and other electronics were seized by authorities as part of the investigation, which began after the alleged victim came forward in April 2012 to report she had been assaulted by Irving at his apartment in December 2011.
The alleged victim went to Irving’s apartment with friends, was given an alcoholic beverage by Irving and went into his bedroom, according to court documents. The victim had no memory any sexual acts occurring, but Irving bragged about it and showed a video of the victim to others, documents show.
The court documents also stated that the victim and Irving had a text conversation where Irving claimed to still have the video in April.
Football: Irving

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
The latest...

Iowa State police had previously investigated Irving for a possible sexual assault, but charges were never filed.
Irving’s cell phone and other electronics were seized by authorities as part of the investigation, which began after the alleged victim came forward in April 2012 to report she had been assaulted by Irving at his apartment in December 2011.
The alleged victim went to Irving’s apartment with friends, was given an alcoholic beverage by Irving and went into his bedroom, according to court documents. The victim had no memory any sexual acts occurring, but Irving bragged about it and showed a video of the victim to others, documents show.
The court documents also stated that the victim and Irving had a text conversation where Irving claimed to still have the video in April.
Football: Irving

Wow. Can't we just shut her down in terms of football this year? It's really harshing my basketball buzz.

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
@BobbyLaGesse: Latest on Irving. Local police had previously investigated him on possible sexual assault. Charges were never filed. Football: Irving

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton

Ever think that maybe something she did played a part in him having a non-football injury? Something to think about.