Darius Reynolds Catches Predictions

cloneteach

Nov 19, 2009
I would have to set the over/under at 2.5 as I think he was only targeted four times during that TTU game right?

I'm going to go with 4 catches including one TD

snowcraig2.0

Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
When he keeps dropping passes, they are going to throw to him less. I doubt Barnett has much confidence in him right now.

It's too bad to, I thought he was playing himself into a training camp.

clonefanpaul

Omnipresent Lurker
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 28, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
People are really ragging on Reynolds after TT but honestly, he dropped 1 pass and the others were all uncatchable. Even the one he dropped was heavily contended. Reynolds was pulling a double team most of the night and running deep routes. Barnett, the few times he did actually throw it, tended to throw it short (10-15 yards) or toss a dump off pass really short. With Barnett in there Reynolds is inherently going to get less looks.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I don't think I've ever seen more of a love/hate relationship for fans with a player than Money. Maybe Brackens? It is ridiculous.

snowcraig2.0

Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
Nearly every post out of you recently:

debbie-downer.jpg

Yes, he has dropped passes like all our receivers have at times. How do you what Barnett's confidence is in him? That's right, you don't. Obviously, we don't expect everyone to be sunshine and rainbows all the time but good lord you've been a real drag recently.

Just looked at my post history. Not sure how you figure this, but I will take it under advisement.

C

CyBer

Hopefully this game is fun to watch and not a kick in the balls. Our fans seem way to confident after the TTech win. Yes I'm a debbie downer.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I would guess 1 catch and 3 drops. Hopefully he can turn it around this game...

He has had some drops, but it hasn't been that bad. It just seems that way because two of the drops were on the goal line in possessions that ended in turnovers.

Teams have been grabbing him on the way by the last couple weeks and that has changed the timing of the throws to him. He and Barnett are not quite in sync yet either.

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
According to the ESPN play-by-play he was targeted 5 times - once in the 1st, three times in the 2nd, once in the 3rd, and none in the 4th quarter. He was double covered a lot, and we were rushing for 5.5 YPC. Not surprising he didn't get thrown to more.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I don't think I've ever seen more of a love/hate relationship for fans with a player than Money. Maybe Brackens? It is ridiculous.

I can't think of many players whose performances vary as much through one season as Reynolds has this year.

He looks like an NFL player/man-amongst-boys one game, and like he couldn't catch crabs in Sips' bathroom the next.

It seems to me that he's the kind of guy who really develops a chemistry with a QB. He certainly had one with Steele, and maybe Tiller (based off the spring game). I hope he can develop one with Barnett, because if he can, it would really open our offense up down the stretch.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
According to the ESPN play-by-play he was targeted 5 times - once in the 1st, three times in the 2nd, once in the 3rd, and none in the 4th quarter. He was double covered a lot, and we were rushing for 5.5 YPC. Not surprising he didn't get thrown to more.

Yes. With KU's abysmal rush D, I doubt they will be able to afford to bracket him all game. He will see some single man to man coverage. I'll take the over. CyBookie?

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Hopefully this game is fun to watch and not a kick in the balls. Our fans seem way to confident after the TTech win. Yes I'm a debbie downer.

Thankfully our fans don't play the game.

I know what you mean, but as fans, it's our job to over-react. It's what the word mean, "Fanatic"

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
I'll go with three catches and a touchdown on a big play, but lenz will have more catches, he seems to be barnetts favorite target.

Reactions: Storkenheimer

TheCity

Jul 8, 2008
The City, VA to CA
As an offensive minded coach it seems to me that Herman is using the fact that teams will double team, shade, Money to draw up his game plan. No complaints about it here though. As long as he keeps blocking and trying its all good with me. I have enjoyed every game thus far!!! LETS GO CYCLONESSSSSSSS!!!!!!

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
I do wish we would give Money some more deep looks. Reynolds can be good when his head is in the game. Very good. He has made some amazing catches this season. We just need to give him a few more chances...but back to the question, I think he will have like 4 catches for 55 yards and maybe a TD. We just have so many people we like to go to in Lenz, West, White out of the back field.