Dan Winters leaving WHO

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Another man telling a women what to “work on”… Smh.

Pretty sure it was a joke considering she either didn't jump or the timing was off from when the picture was snapped. At any rate, smile :)

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Interesting, the way the article is worded it sound like him and Surrency will be rotating with Erin and Jannay as the evening news anchors? So sounds like any 2 of the 4 could be at the desk in the evening going forward. May not be a terrible idea, would give them all some flexibility to be able to have some time with their family and not just be tied to the anchor desk every night.

Also notice they are shaking up the weather folks some too with Megan Salois moving to weekday mornings and Jerrian to daytime/afternoon slot.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Interesting, the way the article is worded it sound like him and Surrency will be rotating with Erin and Jannay as the evening news anchors? So sounds like any 2 of the 4 could be at the desk in the evening going forward. May not be a terrible idea, would give them all some flexibility to be able to have some time with their family and not just be tied to the anchor desk every night.

Also notice they are shaking up the weather folks some too with Megan Salois moving to weekday mornings and Jerrian to daytime/afternoon slot.
Yep, that is how I took it as well. I'm sure they are seeing the trend where some are getting out of the business so maybe if they can free people up more often at nights maybe they will stay at the job longer.

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines

KCCI did something similar with their weather people, must be the hot new trend with weather people.

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
Yep, that is how I took it as well. I'm sure they are seeing the trend where some are getting out of the business so maybe if they can free people up more often at nights maybe they will stay at the job longer.
Throw in several at WHO at 6P and 10P have small/younger children, so any additional flexibility they have is a bonus.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA

Well I have always wondered if Jeriann would be in line to take over as chief when Ed retires which probably is not that far fetched to think may happen in the not too distant future as Ed has been there a long time and if my math is right it says on his bio he was senior class president at Grundy Center HS in 1982 which puts him at about 58. Her and Megan both have young kids so who knows what is really behind the move. I do hope when Keith retires we aren't stuck with Sears as the sports director. We were really spoiled when we had Murph, Andy, and Hassel all at the same time and Admire wasn't too shabby either but Sears and Freund leave a lot to be desired.

• Agree
Reactions: cycloner29

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Today was Colleen's last morning at Star 102.5. I wasn't a regular listener but would pop in here and there. It will be strange as I can't remember mornings on Star 102.5 before she came on.

Reactions: cy4state