Dan Winters leaving WHO

MJ29

Aug 21, 2020
What happened to Amber Alexander. Haven't seen her in quite awhile.

She was basically pulled from on-air duties. She does a lot of digital stuff and stories. She'll fill in for other meteorologists, but doesn't have a set shift, from what I understand. She was pretty bummed about it when it happened, but it seems like she's embracing her new role as best she can.

I tried to add her FB post about it, but couldn't get it to work. It's on her page on March 20.

Last edited:

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
She was basically pulled from on-air duties. She does a lot of digital stuff and stories. She'll fill in for other meteorologists, but doesn't have a set shift, from what I understand. She was pretty bummed about it when it happened, but it seems like she's embracing her new role as best she can.
I thought Amber did a very good job. She really likes the more techie stuff related to the weather and embraces the new.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Don't remember this one at all.

Does this jog your memory? Wait.......

qKOoD9N.gif

Reactions: Macloney

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
Local tv news people get paid basically minimum wage (at first) to wake up at 3:00 AM daily and work 60-70 hour weeks. And if you’re a woman you will have Nancy on Facebook talking about your clothing choices nonstop. No thanks

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Local tv news people get paid basically minimum wage (at first) to wake up at 3:00 AM daily and work 60-70 hour weeks. And if you’re a woman you will have Nancy on Facebook talking about your clothing choices nonstop. No thanks
Clothes are probably the least terrible criticism sometimes with what I read.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Think of the worst things said, and that's basically Erin Kiernan's daily life I bet.
I guess I haven't seen her posts lately, but a few years ago I'd see her address social media comments. Usually from other women about her hair, clothing, make up, etc.

Reactions: MJ29

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Clothes are probably the least terrible criticism sometimes with what I read.
Not if people are continually pointing out your most miniscule physical and sartorial flaws, in public forums. It's degrading and demoralizing. Women who are public figures have a different set of rules than male public figures.

MJ29

Aug 21, 2020
She seemed so genuine on TV. Props to her for being that open.

I've interacted with her in person several times. She's a very nice and genuine person. I'm glad she's staying the DSM metro. Hopefully that means I'll still see her around.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Amber Alexander leaving 13. Sad to see her leave there but your mental health needs to come first.

This doesn't surprise me at all. I've had similar issues in the past and noticed right away she seemed to be struggling. She was alot better the last few years but when she started she seemed really unsure about herself, would mis-pronounce names alot or say something that disnt make much sense.

One day on the noon show she paused in the middle of her forecast and was dead air for probably 10 seconds. That's when I knew she was probably having anxiety issues because I've had similar things happen to me under pressure.

Good for her though for getting out, I can't imagine the kind of pressure you have to deal with living in a fish bowl like that.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron