Dan Hawkins blows off Big 12 conference call

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Folks; this is a sad sitatuion, and I for one never want to gloat on another program's misery for fear the Football Karma may come around to my favorite team.

Some helpless cyclone fan must have done that in 1913

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
Keep in mind everyone that Colorado has allot of BIG donors. If they wanted to, they could come up with the money to buy out Hawkins contract. Remember San Diego State last year- if they can do it so can Colorado.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
One must also consider that no matter how large the buyout, that must be weighed against the potential loss of revenue if Hawkins remains.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Get realistic people... he sucks but they wont fire him untill after the season.... mid season firings hurt the program worse

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I am really surprised by Hawkins failure at CU. He just looked like the next great hire when they got him. Since BSU seems to be doing fine without him, I can only assume that the Asst. coach that took over was the guy CU should have hired.
I for one am not going to feel sorry for any other football program, at least for this year. After the last two games I have to feel sorry for ISU full time.

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
If you wanna see a meltdown, wait until we find a way to lose to him.

Cyclone90

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 29, 2007
The thing is, if someone wants him fired enough, they'll pony up the money to fire his ***.

I can't remember another situation where a school let money be the deciding factor. If he needs to go, they'll find a way.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I think the writing is on the wall for him, and he is circling the drain. In their last game, he pulled the redshirt off of a promising freshman to replace his son at QB. There were other QB's on the roster, but he chose to burn the kid's redshirt in a game that they were already losing. In my opinion, you don't do that unless you don't think you'll be around for much longer.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
Hansen (CU QB) is a true Soph. Last season Hansen was inserted in the seventh game and engineered a victory against Kansas State, and almost helped CU lose to ISU.

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
I kinda feel bad for Dan Hawkins and Colorado fans. Their program is melting down on national TV on a weekly basis. It's not like they keep laying these eggs on Clone Zone or FCS. Everyone has been able to witness this trainwreck.

I don't know if its funny or sad that we make fun of KState, Baylor, and Colorado, then watch them beat us on Saturday.