Dan Hawkins blows off Big 12 conference call

kgreeny

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I don't understand how he can do that. I mean it's the Big 12!

d4nim4l

Apr 23, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
The implosion is in full effect in Boulder. My guess is that Hawkins will not even make it to the ISU game before he is let go.

If they let him go, even if it is after the season, they will not get any good talent in there to coach for a long time.

Their athletic department is leveraged past their eye balls and it would get worse with a buyout of Hawkins. No way they would be able to get an up and comer to get in there and turn things around.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
WARNING to clone fans....You are gonna miss Dan Hawkins!! I repeat you are gonna miss Dan Hawkins!!

He's the only incompetent coach colorado has had in the last 50 years!!!

hellsbells boys.........cybob misses him er dan already.:biglaugh:

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
I kinda feel bad for Dan Hawkins and Colorado fans. Their program is melting down on national TV on a weekly basis. It's not like they keep laying these eggs on Clone Zone or FCS. Everyone has been able to witness this trainwreck.

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
I kinda feel bad for Dan Hawkins and Colorado fans. Their program is melting down on national TV on a weekly basis. It's not like they keep laying these eggs on Clone Zone or FCS. Everyone has been able to witness this trainwreck.

I never like Hawkins. I still remember the 2002 Humanitarian Bowl when he ordered BSU to score a TD with 27 seconds left while the score was 27-16.
This is his quote " We probably there at the end could have taken a knee and been good, but that's not the way we play football around here. That's not our deal. We're going to attack. We're going to keep going."

Go Cyclones. I hope we can beat Colorado this time.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I don't know what to think about Hawkins job security. Colorado is in a lot of money problems right now and the media there seems to think that they can't afford to buy him out at this time so they might just be stuck with him a bit longer.

Clone96

Nov 14, 2006
Parts Unknown
Riiiiiiiiiiiggggggghhhhhhhhht.

Hawkins is still probably going to be the coach this year and at least next. Colorado is facing a huge budget shortfall and buying him out isn't going to help things, so Hawkins may be saved because it's just cheaper to keep him right now.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Riiiiiiiiiiiggggggghhhhhhhhht.

Hawkins is still probably going to be the coach this year and at least next. Colorado is facing a huge budget shortfall and buying him out isn't going to help things, so Hawkins may be saved because it's just cheaper to keep him right now.

Honestly, it sounds like Hawkins isn't that far from just quitting.

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
Nice prediction on the year Hawkins.

He struggles......and on that note....hope he stays around for another 10 years.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
WARNING to clone fans....You are gonna miss Dan Hawkins!! I repeat you are gonna miss Dan Hawkins!!

He's the only incompetent coach colorado has had in the last 50 years!!!

hellsbells boys.........cybob misses him er dan already.:biglaugh:

I agree. The odds that their next coach will be worse are slim. I hope he sticks around and runs the progam into the ground.

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
Nice prediction on the year Hawkins.

He struggles......and on that note....hope he stays around for another 10 years.

One more thing: as long as we can beat CU. It would be useless if he stays and we can't beat CU !

Ace000087

Jun 10, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
www.f35.com
I never like Hawkins. I still remember the 2002 Humanitarian Bowl when he ordered BSU to score a TD with 27 seconds left while the score was 27-16.
This is his quote " We probably there at the end could have taken a knee and been good, but that's not the way we play football around here. That's not our deal. We're going to attack. We're going to keep going."

This is the main reason why I hate Dan Hawkins, and Boise State. That, and the WAC sucks.

Reactions: SeattleClone

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Folks; this is a sad sitatuion, and I for one never want to gloat on another program's misery for fear the Football Karma may come around to my favorite team.