CyCredit Feedback Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
I like the idea of credits for posting. However this will be easily abused as people will just post garbage to earn the credits....

Like the donations = credits idea.

Not sure about the loans.

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
How about the ability to loan to other members?

And the ability to break kneecaps over the internet when they don't pay up?

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
The only idea I like outside the system as it is today is giving credits for donating to the site.

Even though there is not cash involved here, I don't believe we should willy nilly keep giving out free credits. Perhaps one member can give credits to another member if they are feeling charitable, but I think if you are silly enough to bet large sums every betting event, there needs to be some sort of penalty associated and it needs to be a work in progress to get yourself back to respectability with smaller bets and the weekly credit allowance, etc.

Bottom line:

1.) Credits for donating...YES!
2.) Allow members to share credits if they wanted.
3.) Do not make it TOO easy to pile up credits after they are lost on large bets. There should be risk with reward!

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
I like the idea of credits for posting. However this will be easily abused as people will just post garbage to earn the credits....

:wideeyed::wideeyed:

-keep

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
I like the daily credit bump, tie it to daly posting. It is silly to see these guys that never post with 75,000 because they joined a long time ago, and keep getting their 500 a week.

I wonder how many weeks it will be before someone who has never bet gets into the top 25. It's bound to happen, the top page recycles itself every week.

I just went from 5 straight wins to 5 straight losses .. stupid Clinton and Romney couldn't let me hit the jackpot! Is it sad that I kept flipping over to watch the returns last night, hoping Mitt would pull it out over Huckabee, not for any ideology ... for the 3/1 payout :cool:

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I know if I had never participated in bets, I'd easily be at the top. A number of others would too - just hording their credits. But what fun would that be?

The bowl season has really put a hurtin' on a lot of people...no one over 300K now and before the bowls - there were a few over 300k.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
I know if I had never participated in bets, I'd easily be at the top. A number of others would too - just hording their credits. But what fun would that be?

The bowl season has really put a hurtin' on a lot of people...no one over 300K now and before the bowls - there were a few over 300k.

******* hawkeye fans. :arghh:

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
One thing I've noticed is that a lot of people don't really know why they're getting credits. Here is an updated list of what activities on the site create a payout in credits. Note that I just adjusted the numbers this morning to make it so more credits are given out per activitiy since we all seem to be high-rollers:wink:

Credits - Activity Name

Explanation

50 - Induction Credit

Applied when user first joins this usergroup such as by registration, subscription, manually, promotion, etc.

20 - Referral Credit

Applied when a referral is validated. This is checked every midnight.

1 - Additive Referral Bonus

This is multiplied against each user's referral points, and then multiplied against all other credit awards.

500 - Paycheck Credit
Applied every set time period with no particular restrictions. (Currently every 7 days)

1000 - Activity Credit

Applied every set time period if the user qualifies as having been active during that period. (Currently every 7 days)

2500 - Birthday Credit

Applied at midnight on the birthday of each user.

100 - Granted Reputation Credit

Applied when this user gives reputation to others. Can be set to multiply against the absolute reputation given.

100 - Received Reputation Credit

Applied when the user receives reputation. Can be set to multiply against the amount of reputation received.

-1,000 - Infraction Credit

Applied when user receives an infraction. You probably want this to be negative as a penalty, and can be set to multiply against the infraction points.

200 - New Thread Credit

1 - Thread Rated Credit

50 - Posting Credit

Applied for all valid posts, except when creating a new thread or replying to your own thread.

5 - Your Thread Posting Credit

Applied for all valid posts made in a thread which they originally created.

1 - Post Size Credit

Applied in addition to any posting credits, for every word or character.

1 - Your Thread Viewed Credit

Applied to the thread owner when their thread is viewed. Does not count on the owner.

1 - Your Thread Rated Credit

Applied to the thread owner when their thread is rated. Does not count on the owner.

1 - Your Thread Replied Credit

Applied to the thread owner when their thread is posted in. Does not count on the owner.

1 - Your Profile Viewed Credit

Applied to the profile owner when their profile is viewed. Does not count on the owner.

25 - Poll Created Credit

1 - Poll Voted Credit

25 - Attachment Credit

Applied when uploaded.

5 - Sent PM Credit

Applied when user sends a PM, but does not prevent the action.

10 - Calendar Event Credit

Applied when an event is added.

10 - Profile Picture Credit

Applied when a profile picture is added.

10 - Profile Fields Credit

Applied when the user has all custom profile fields filled out.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Some stats that would be fun to see...Top 5 in...

# of bets placed
# of bets won
# of bets lost
Most credits lost - single bet
Most credits lost - total I

Would need a filter on the # of bets placed/won/lost for bets where at least 100 (or a different number) credits were waged. Otherwise people will just bet 1 credit on everything.

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
I know I have been holding off betting (partly because I apparently suck at it) to see what tangible things you can get with credits. (Jeremy hinted about this earlier)

When is that info coming?

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
The system is close to perfect as it is as mentioned. I do not believe it should be "easy" to obtain large amounts of credits if you gamble and lose. There should be penalty just as there would be a reward if you won. It will be more true to life (i.e. betting with money) if this were the case and that is what makes the system fun.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Clearly there is a problem right now with accumulating credits for not being on the site very much and not posting - that I can fix by decreasing the weekly paycheck and increasing the activity paycheck. Maybe make the weekly paycheck 250/week and the activity paycheck 250/day?

I do agree that the loan system would be potentially confusing and hard to manage. We can scratch that idea.

Donations for credits - we'll get that going and I can retroactively add credits too.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
retroactive..... I love that word!

more $$ higher payback?

what is the current or soon to be exchange rate for $$ to CyCredits? Better than the peso? Ruble?

-keep.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Clearly there is a problem right now with accumulating credits for not being on the site very much and not posting - that I can fix by decreasing the weekly paycheck and increasing the activity paycheck. Maybe make the weekly paycheck 250/week and the activity paycheck 250/day?

I do agree that the loan system would be potentially confusing and hard to manage. We can scratch that idea.

Donations for credits - we'll get that going and I can retroactively add credits too.

I think this sounds great.

Daily activity constitutes posting at least 1 time or reading x number of threads?

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
The biggest obsticle I've faced with getting tangible items is just trying to decide how to set it up to be fair. I can make a store for instance but how many credits would be good? We have a wide range of credit holders and I don't want to make it so nobody can get things but I also don't want to give things away for "nothing".

The ticket giveaway seemed to go over really well and I even made it so the winners got the credits accumulated in the lottery. We can do more lotteries to keep things even but we'd have to figure out how many credits per ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron