Cyclones Ranked 24th

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Iowa State had one quality win. Iowa had zero/one (depending on how you define “quality win” and whether Iowa State falls into that category). You guys have somehow convinced yourselves that Iowa State beat a murderer’s row of opponents when that’s just simply not the case.

Also, regarding your last point: that is why the computers are smarter than the “eye test”- they are more objective. Statistics show that performance in close games (aka being able to “close the deal”) is largely dependent upon luck. You sound like one of those people who thinks MJ and Kobe were so good because they were “clutch” or had a “killer instinct”- which is complete nonsense.
Our team found ways to win. Your team found ways to lose. Which one you think looks better?

• Agree
Reactions: WalkingCY

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Well, that’s your biased opinion. The rest of the nation other than the biased AP and CFP voters thinks Iowa is better, along with every unbiased computer ranking and metric. What would all those statistics and metrics know, over the uneducated opinion of a troll on an inferior team’s website?

This is the hawk delusion I come to this thread for. I guess I'll just have to take ISU's better season, better rankings, better wins, better conference finish, better bowl, and go home.

tenor.gif

• Winner
  • Funny
Reactions: benjimill and GTO

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Hey, if you think the AP Poll is more reliable than the most well-respected computer rankings, all the power to you.

Well this is awkward...

Since 2000:

Nebraska
  • 2 AP/Coaches Poll Top Ten finishes
Iowa
  • 5 AP/Coaches Poll Top Ten finishes
Iowa State
  • 0 AP/Coaches Poll Top Ten finishes
If you think Nebraska:Iowa is a similar comparison to Iowa:Iowa State, you are delusional. Iowa and Nebraska have played at a similar level since the turn of the century. Iowa State has not even come close.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I'm guessing if ISU wins they will be in the teens and unranked if they lose. If Iowa wins, they will be in the 20s and maybe teens.

• Funny
Reactions: GTO and Bigman38

SilverBack

Oct 4, 2018
He was talking about AP top 10 finishes...

What's up with Iowa State announcing 56k (when there was maybe 5k actually there) in attendance for the Drake nail biter? I thought Iowa basketball only fudged attendance numbers.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
What's up with Iowa State announcing 56k (when there was maybe 5k actually there) in attendance for the Drake nail biter? I thought Iowa basketball only fudged attendance numbers.

They announced tickets sold and that would have been accurate