Cyclone Alley

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
OMG. Who cares if they chanted Eff McGary? And who cares if they want to apologize for it? People on both sides with their panties bunched.

azepp

Dec 9, 2009
Ankeny
As long as they're apologizing for things they don't need to apologize for, maybe they can tweet an apology to all the ISU fans for the very noticeable Michigan fan that they let sit in the middle of CA.

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
Is this a for-real twitter account?

Why does our student section need a twitter account?

Who runs it? Who posts on it?

I'm guessing this guy

|
|
V

1 or 2 chants of it would have been fine. The rest of the game was a bit excessive. This program is now bigger than getting hung up on every slight.

That said, I love the energy out of Cyclone Alley, keep up the good work.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Here's the thing about the chant: McGary mentioned it after the game. You know he heard it. Isn't that the point? Get into the opponent's head and try to affect their play. Was it uncouth? Maybe. Is that reason enough to flip out and be "ashamed," as I saw in (at least) one tweet? No way.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
As long as they're apologizing for things they don't need to apologize for, maybe they can tweet an apology to all the ISU fans for the very noticeable Michigan fan that they let sit in the middle of CA.

Ha! Hopefully it was a very long game for that fan.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
OMG. Who cares if they chanted Eff McGary? And who cares if they want to apologize for it? People on both sides with their panties bunched.

It's sort crazy on the forums lately. I get it after all of the football losses but we freakin' won a really nice game tonight and we have threads on chants and apologies and what not. Weird.

:unsure:

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Here's the thing about the chant: McGary mentioned it after the game. You know he heard it. Isn't that the point? Get into the opponent's head and try to affect their play. Was it uncouth? Maybe. Is that reason enough to flip out and be "ashamed," as I saw in (at least) one tweet? No way.

Yes. Apparently, little Mitchell isn't ready mentally to be a big-time player.
Conference foes will notice, and they'll find ways to ride him right out of the game until he learns to deal with it. Whether he liked it or not, calling attention to it will encourage a whole lot more.

ISUagger

Jan 31, 2012
Ames
At this point all really do is try to keep attendance up through promotions, and in this case they were making an attempt at improving public relations. If you guys want to whine about that go ahead. We won the game.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron