Cyclone Alley

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
I am constantly amazed by our fans. We win what could be the biggest non-conference game in Hilton history with a 5* recruit in attendance, and the first thing that some people comment on is a student section chant.

Your lives must be awful if you focus on the negatives elsewhere like you do with Cyclone athletics.

That is all. Time to enjoy my day and enjoy Sunday's victory. Go Cyclones

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Next up, Cyclone Alley issues "long overdue" apology to former Iowa guard Pierre Pierce.

Yeah-right.gif

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
F somebody chants are weak. Sounds like something no education trailer trash folks would chant. I was embarrassed for our perception on ESPN when I heard it. I guarantee 90% of those over 25 were too.

Ya I couldnt agree more. Im to embarassed to even wear my ISU hat today. The entire country is making fun of our student section for being classless. Not serious.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
I was in section 211 yesterday and as the duly appointed representative of section 211 I'd like to make it very clear that Section 211 regrets nothing and would do it again if given the opportunity.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Did Vaughn, McKay, and Custer join the chant? I'll bet Lazard did!

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I was in section 211 yesterday and as the duly appointed representative of section 211 I'd like to make it very clear that Section 211 regrets nothing and would do it again if given the opportunity.

Section 210 here, always jelly of section 211 as the standing/cheering is so much better. I can't get people to stand in section 210 at all. Loudest I ever heard old guy behind me (past 3 seasons) yell was when I said sh** last night during that first 3 minutes of the 2nd half.

Send some of what section 211 has over to 210.

Palmer

Jun 10, 2008
Johnston, IA
Section 230 does not retract anything possible swearing towards McGary.

dude was a 6"10 ninja delivering swift kicks to Nazzy's face...

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
Bravo to CA! Keep up the good work! I was at the Eagles vs Redskins yesterday and those fans make CA look like a bunch of choir boys.

Last edited:

CynadoAlley

Nov 28, 2010
Siouxland
New CA requirement: tuxedo to get into the student section. Got to be classy.

Students are either not crazy enough, or getting too crazy. As soon as somebody finds the perfect combination, let me know. Sure, we could have found a more creative chant, but it got under his skin nonetheless and obviously affected his game. I find it very difficult to expect a couple thousand college students to refrain from using the F-bomb, and joining in with fellow students when using it in mass, directed toward a player that had not only played dirty (though I agree he didn't mean to stomp on Naz), but acknowledged the student section multiple times with smiles and winks regarding the chants, and laughed about the first few chants with his teammates.

And on a positive note, I had an absolute blast last night, and that win felt incredible.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Did we just notice that the student section uses the F-bomb? Ten years ago I went to my first ISU football game with my 10 year old son. We got hillside tickets and wanted to be near the path to the ISU locker room. It was against Nebraska in which Todd Blythe had a great game. That hillside was right next to the student section, so we got lots of nice earfuls of something like "Huck the Fuskers." Welcome to Big 12 sports. Some of you sound like the students started this sort of chant yesterday.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
I mean, there is literally a "We're gonna beat the **** out of you, and you, and you and you and you and you" chant twice a game every game at Hilton. Not a big deal.

iacyguy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 1, 2011
The Dirty Dodge
I was sitting in 240. Gotta say no one in our section was impressed with the actions of those sitting in 239. We are all awaiting an official apology.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Did we just notice that the student section uses the F-bomb? Ten years ago I went to my first ISU football game with my 10 year old son. We got hillside tickets and wanted to be near the path to the ISU locker room. It was against Nebraska in which Todd Blythe had a great game. That hillside was right next to the student section, so we got lots of nice earfuls of something like "Huck the Fuskers." Welcome to Big 12 sports. Some of you sound like the students started this sort of chant yesterday.

Had some silly UNI woman this year decide to sit hillside by the student section with her kid and then gripe about it. Don't know if she thought there was only one hill or what.

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
Man, I am all about getting in the head of whomever you can. Best player, coach, other fan base, 3 point shooter, foul shots....its all fair game and part of home court. But, at least be creative. F McGary? Really? Are we UNI now? Come up with something smarter CA. That is all.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
I was sitting in 240. Gotta say no one in our section was impressed with the actions of those sitting in 239. We are all awaiting an official apology.

Hey, I sit in 239! Honestly, I thought they were chanting "Foul on McGary" because the refs weren't calling him for much. My wife says I need hearing aids, but mostly I just shut her voice out.

Reactions: A-town Cy

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
We needed Johnny Orr to channel Sam Wyche-- step to the PA, take the microphone and announce "Will the next person who hears ANYBODY dropping F-bombs, you point them out, you get them out of here... you don't live in Iowa City, this is Ames!!"

[video=youtube;yJMa20xXykI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJMa20xXykI#t=13[/video]