Cy-Hawk locker room thief was former Iowa student with no connection to ISU

Hawkaholic

May 14, 2013
Which is why ISU immediately said they would pay for anything stolen despite this being CSC security's problem more than ISU since ISU hired them to protect the locker rooms. ISU did more than it needed to yet that loser from Iowa's AD publicly said he was contacting all of ISU's future opponents. Did he really need to say in public that he was contacting all of the schools ISU was playing? It was completely to be a shot at ISU. Barta even said he was pleased with the way ISU was handling the situation. Then when it became known it was an Iowa fan/student, it made that guy from Iowa's AD look like an idiot. I'm glad WRNL is having some fun with it. That loser deserves to be made fun of.

I agree WRNL had all the right in the world to take a jab at Paul Federici. As BHGP had all the right in the world to make fun of ISU for allowing the event to occur in the first place. Fair enough?

Last edited:

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Why do people care about this? As a hawkeye fan I never felt it was anything more than a security breakdown somewhere. I never thought it was an isu v Iowa thing, just an unfortunate incident.

I also thought it was in poor taste for Iowa admin to send out the "warning" to other schools. It made it a bigger issue on something that everyone was already blowing way out of proportion.

This should have been the story all along.

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
All I'm saying.
Thats the point, it never was a story but ISU fans were the only ones saying it at the time. Now that it's convenient hawks are saying it. It never was a story but was pushed out to the media by the U of I and flames were fanned. A security company ****ed up, Iowa equipment manager didn't lock the door and a guy wearing hawk apparel at Jack trice didn't get questioned walking in to the Iowa lockerroom. Big ******* deal, **** happens and they got reimbursed. But they made it a big deal and embarrased us and publically questioned the character of this institution by taking it upon themselves to inform future opponents. The attention on this now is just.

Last edited:

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I guess I don't see how this is anything more than a security issue. Someone that isu employed dropped the ball. That's it. Like I said not a big deal but because it's iowa it's blown way out of proportion. By both sides.

Do I think iowa made it worse by sending the emails out to other schools? Yeah I do. But is it "apology" worthy? If all they said is "hey our stuff got stolen you might want to look at bringing your own security." Then no I don't thinkso.

The issue is that there was a security breach. Makes no difference where the kid went to school. He should never been allowed access.

LOL

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I guess I don't see how this is anything more than a security issue

It was only a security issue until Iowa's AD got involved. Now it's a public relations issue as well. Don't come on here playing dumb, you dimwit.

AZmess

Dec 8, 2009
I already said I thought it was stupid for iowa to send out that email. But really who cares at all about this? If it happened at Iowa and it happened to iowa state my level of caring would be the exact same.

A-town Cy

Aug 4, 2006
Huxley
I already said I thought it was stupid for iowa to send out that email. But really who cares at all about this? If it happened at Iowa and it happened to iowa state my level of caring would be the exact same.

Thread has 21,218 views. No one cares though.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
Screw the security issue. The best part of this whole story is how great of an example it is of hawk fan douchebaggery. They got ROBBED BY ONE OF THEIR OWN. The fact that EIU wrongly blew it out of proportion is just gravy.

mikem

Jul 27, 2010
Az, good posts.

The only thing that I would advise our hawk friends, both with hawk in their screen names and nei...

I would wait until all of the facts in this case are published before continuing down the blame game thing.

Now, I am sure that if somehow this looks unfavorably on the u, it will be hard to find any stories on it. But it will be here

If it turns out there is nothing more, then it was a failure by the security firm, Iowa State, and the iowa trainers for leaving the doors unlocked. Pretty much in that order.

But it took this long to hear about the warrants, imagine how long the whole investigation will take to be published?

AZmess

Dec 8, 2009
I guess that's my point. Maybe it's a part of the rivalry to want to be able to find where to place blame and I can only speak for myself but I put the blame on isu for allowing it to happen and probably MORE blame on Iowa for making it worse. This shoikdnt even be a story.

Now watch it come out that some super booster from Iowa paid this kid to steal and make it look like it was isu's fault. How good would that be? :)

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Now watch it come out that some super booster from Iowa paid this kid to steal and make it look like it was isu's fault. How good would that be? :)

My assumption is that he either got his hands on a pass or had some help from the security guard.

Help Support Us

Become a patron