Cy-Hawk locker room thief was former Iowa student with no connection to ISU

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
Re: Cy-Hawk locker room theif was former Iowa student with no connection to ISU

You posting this at 8:55 PM on christmas eve looks pretty silly too.

Yes. The 20 seconds it took me to post really took a lot out of my Christmas Eve. I will never get that 20 seconds back.

AZmess

Dec 8, 2009
Why do people care about this? As a hawkeye fan I never felt it was anything more than a security breakdown somewhere. I never thought it was an isu v Iowa thing, just an unfortunate incident.

I also thought it was in poor taste for Iowa admin to send out the "warning" to other schools. It made it a bigger issue on something that everyone was already blowing way out of proportion.

Cpech56

Aug 12, 2012
Why do people care about this? As a hawkeye fan I never felt it was anything more than a security breakdown somewhere. I never thought it was an isu v Iowa thing, just an unfortunate incident.

I also thought it was in poor taste for Iowa admin to send out the "warning" to other schools. It made it a bigger issue on something that everyone was already blowing way out of proportion.

We care about it because your fellow Hok fans blew up social media with allegations against ISU this and ISU that. Mr. Paul Fredicci needs to own up and make an apology to Iowa State for sending out emails to our future opponents. For me, as soon as I see that I'll give it a rest.

AZmess

Dec 8, 2009
I'll agree that emails never should have been sent but I admit I don't even know what it said. What did he claim?

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006

It really doesn't matter what you thought it was. Your University of choice choose to make it a public thing and embarrass ISU with its conference members. Your University decided to make this stand on moral authority.... It choose poorly. And got kicked in the teeth.

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010

If you were surprised that people went over the top on the internet, that's solely on you.

Naughtius

Oct 27, 2010
Central IA
I just read that Ferentz has just completed his own investigation, and has awarded this dude the first ever "Equipment Manager of the Year" award.

Hawkaholic

May 14, 2013
It really doesn't matter what you thought it was. Your University of choice choose to make it a public thing and embarrass ISU with its conference members. Your University decided to make this stand on moral authority.... It choose poorly. And got kicked in the teeth.

Lol how exactly did the U of I get kicked in the teeth here? No one cares dude. You act like this is on major news networks. WRNL wrote an article about it. The same way BHGP wrote an article about it when it happened. That's what those guys do. They write funny articles in support of their respective teams. Big deal.

You're over here saying "YAaaa the U of I just got kicked in the teeth!". Meanwhile Ferentz and Co. are in Tampa, Florida preparing for a bowl game. I'm sure their teeth are really sore right now because some ******* former student is the center of the investigation. Ya... right. Chances are it hasn't even crossed their mind, and if it has they probably shared a good laugh about it.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
Lol how exactly did the U of I get kicked in the teeth here? No one cares dude. You act like this is on major news networks. WRNL wrote an article about it. The same way BHGP wrote an article about it when it happened. That's what those guys do. They write funny articles in support of their respective teams. Big deal.

You're over here saying "YAaaa the U of I just got kicked in the teeth!". Meanwhile Ferentz and Co. are in Tampa, Florida preparing for a bowl game. I'm sure their teeth are really sore right now because some ******* former student is the center of the investigation. Ya... right. Chances are it hasn't even crossed their mind, and if it has they probably shared a good laugh about it.

GFY troll.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

You must care since you created an account on a Cyclone website and all but 3 of your posts have been about the situation

Hawkaholic

May 14, 2013
I figured I'd come gauge how crazy the reaction is to this story and the DJK situation. Figured you Clones would have a lot to talk about. I'm not trolling at all. Just telling you how I honestly feel. This whole locker room thing is so blown out proportion by both sides that it's hilarious to me.

I read keepngoal's post and got a good laugh out of it. He makes it seem like the news that the reported perp. being a Hawk fan is akin to finding the Boston Marathon bomber.

1. Security at Jack Trice failed that day. That hasn't changed. - ISU
2. It appears the idiot was a Hawkeye fan. - Iowa

Please explain to me how this is a big deal. That's all I'm saying.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I figured I'd come gauge how crazy the reaction is to this story and the DJK situation. Figured you Clones would have a lot to talk about. I'm not trolling at all. Just telling you how I honestly feel. This whole locker room thing is so blown out proportion by both sides that it's hilarious to me.

I read keepngoal's post and got a good laugh out of it. He makes it seem like the news that the reported perp. being a Hawk fan is akin to finding the Boston Marathon bomber.

And you have to post on here to to do that?

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

If someone achieved access to the pink locker room during last year's game and stole property from the team and ISU fans spread the word that someone at UI steals from the visiting team...then a member of the ISU football coaching staff and/or athletic department takes it upon him/herself to warn all of UI's big 10 opponents about lax security, and to notify the media that they have done so...

And then a couple of months down the road it finally comes out that it was an ISU student that snuck in, wearing cardinal & gold to blend in, and stole from "his" team...

In short, if the positions were reversed, what would have been your reaction?

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton

I'm guessing you're pretty old to not understand karma or retaliation.

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
Browsing HN and read Deanvlog's horse hockey. He states that he's been in the locker room numerous times. He must be one of ferrets mooching sons or in the sports dept. Or he stayed in a Holiday Inn, because he knows everything.

AZmess

Dec 8, 2009
I guess I don't see how this is anything more than a security issue. Someone that isu employed dropped the ball. That's it. Like I said not a big deal but because it's iowa it's blown way out of proportion. By both sides.

Do I think iowa made it worse by sending the emails out to other schools? Yeah I do. But is it "apology" worthy? If all they said is "hey our stuff got stolen you might want to look at bringing your own security." Then no I don't think so.

The issue is that there was a security breach. Makes no difference where the kid went to school. He should never been allowed access.

Hawkaholic

May 14, 2013
If someone achieved access to the pink locker room during last year's game and stole property from the team and ISU fans spread the word that someone at UI steals from the visiting team...then a member of the ISU football coaching staff and/or athletic department takes it upon him/herself to warn all of UI's big 10 opponents about lax security, and to notify the media that they have done so...

And then a couple of months down the road it finally comes out that it was an ISU student that snuck in, wearing cardinal & gold to blend in, and stole from "his" team...

In short, if the positions were reversed, what would have been your reaction?

If you read my post closely I said it has been blown out of proportion by BOTH sides. It's an in-state rivalry. The subtle jabs at each other by both institutions is not surprising in the least bit. Regardless what school the perp represented Iowa State's security still failed to do its job. The fact the perp was an Iowa fan simply helped them save some face. It's kinda funny on both sides of the aisle.

However, for anyone on either side to make the comment that "this university just got their teeth kicked in" over an issue as minor and comical as this one is simply absurd. That was my only point.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
I guess I don't see how this is anything more than a security issue. Someone that isu employed dropped the ball. That's it. Like I said not a big deal but because it's iowa it's blown way out of proportion. By both sides.

Do I think iowa made it worse by sending the emails out to other schools? Yeah I do. But is it "apology" worthy? If all they said is "hey our stuff got stolen you might want to look at bringing your own security." Then no I don't think so.

The issue is that there was a security breach. Makes no difference where the kid went to school. He should never been allowed access.
Which is why ISU immediately said they would pay for anything stolen despite this being CSC security's problem more than ISU since ISU hired them to protect the locker rooms. ISU did more than it needed to yet that loser from Iowa's AD publicly said he was contacting all of ISU's future opponents. Did he really need to say in public that he was contacting all of the schools ISU was playing? It was completely to be a shot at ISU. Barta even said he was pleased with the way ISU was handling the situation. Then when it became known it was an Iowa fan/student, it made that guy from Iowa's AD look like an idiot. I'm glad WRNL is having some fun with it. That loser deserves to be made fun of.