Cy-Hawk fear...

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
Of course, game or no game - it wouldn't matter. We would hear how great they are and how lucky we were not to play them cause they finally beat Northwestern and are on top of the world.
That's just it. Winning the actual game is meaningless now. They will always rationalize why they are better and the lap dog media will play along.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Ending football would give an excuse to stop the poundings from Hoiball that are sure to come as well.

Freebird

Apr 11, 2006
I just love the nothing to gain comment that Iowa likes to keep bringing up, as if the programs have been on such a different level for so long. Since the ISU football program decided to have a pulse and broke the streak in 98, ISU leads the series 9-7. This is a very evenly matched series with a program in a power 5 conference, who most years is the best non-con team Iowa plays. The history just isn't far apart as hawk fans want to think. Everyone just looks at the streak in the 80s and early 90s and assumes the whole thing is lopsided, while in reality that streak was the aberration and not the norm. Prior to the streak, Iowa held a 18-12 series lead, but they also had the advantage of playing of playing 21 out of 30 of those games in Iowa City.

Any hawk fan that thinks they are above playing this series needs a history lesson.

Hawk fans' history does not predate Hayden Fry. If it did then they would be forced to acknowledge that they ducked us for the two straight decades that they were setting the NCAA football record of futility with the longest streak of non-winning seasons while ISU was going to bowl games in an era where bowl games actually meant something. The series would be almost dead even if it wasn't' for this fact.

Hawk fans will say this is ancient history and doesn't matter. Well, so is the 80's and 90's in football years.

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014
So posting facts that ISU has only really handed Iowa a beating once in the past 12 years is failing? Interesting. Unlike some here, I have no insecurities about the program I support. Iowa is head and shoulders the better football team. Has been since the series restarted. To debate that is beyond moronic. The same would be true if I were to come on here and say Iowa has been the better basketball program over the past 20 years. It hasn't been, and would be stupid to even suggest so.

heads and tails? Who gives a crap if it's a "beating".

Really? A 7-7 record since the turn of the century really disputes that assertation.

Sorry - FB is not a cumulative sport over seasons. Even Iowa starts fresh at 0-0 every August and last season's game doesn't mean squat. ISU's win in 2012 didn't mean squat in Ames last year, and iowa's win won't mean squat come Sept in Iowa City.

BlackHawk

Sep 30, 2010
That's just it. Winning the actual game is meaningless now. They will always rationalize why they are better and the lap dog media will play along.

Would you admit that Iowa had a better basketball team 2 years ago? Or that ISU was better than Iowa in football in 2002? Of course you wouldn't (geezus I'd hope you were smarter than that).

BlackHawk

Sep 30, 2010
heads and tails? Who gives a crap if it's a "beating".

Really? A 7-7 record since the turn of the century really disputes that assertation.

Sorry - FB is not a cumulative sport over seasons. Even Iowa starts fresh at 0-0 every August and last season's game doesn't mean squat. ISU's win in 2012 didn't mean squat in Ames last year, and iowa's win won't mean squat come Sept in Iowa City.

Ummm, the guy that I quoted that I was replying to.

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014

iowa has never lost a game. They just run out of time.

I literally had a fan use that as a reason in 2002.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
Would you admit that Iowa had a better basketball team 2 years ago? Or that ISU was better than Iowa in football in 2002? Of course you wouldn't (geezus I'd hope you were smarter than that).
When my team loses, I offer congrats and move on. It's called settling it on the field. It's what grown-ups do. Man I am so ******* dumb.

Last edited:

Primetime26

Sep 7, 2012
Saying "I dont care if its canceled or not because Im sick of listening to their fans" is ridiculous. You know what kind of fans they are. There going to mouth off whether we play each other or not. If not more.

This is my favorite game of the year each and every year and fail to see how it isn't yours as well. If you can't take some hawk fans talking ****, you might want to find a new hobby.

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014
Ummm, the guy that I quoted that I was replying to.

Umm - you seem to be the only one talking about margin of victory and somehow equating a .500 record (that means you've lost as many times as you've won btw. you don't seem to be clear on that little point) as some sort of dominance.

Of course - looking at the past 15 years against BCS opponents.... .500 is about as dominant as the almighty hawks have been.

Which brings us full circle to the purpose of the article, henceforth re-titled "can't beat 'em, schedule somebody easier"

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
It seems to me the fans that get most worked up by Iowa fans, are also the ones who spend the most time looking up stuff on Iowa and hanging out on their message boards. It's weird how that works.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Jon Miller continues his quest of being completely irrelevant in the State of Iowa.

BlackHawk

Sep 30, 2010
When my team loses, I offer congrats and move on. It's called settling it on the field. It's what grown-ups do. Man I am so ******* dumb.

Why don't you just answer the initial questions? Why are you skirting them? Is it b/c it's not always the head to head result that determines the better team? Is it b/c that might put a dent in the narrative that ISU has been as good as Iowa in football over the past 14 years b/c they're 7-7 vs Iowa in that time frame? So again, do you think Iowa had the better basketball team 2 years ago? Do you think ISU had the better football team in 2002?

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Umm - you seem to be the only one talking about margin of victory and somehow equating a .500 record (that means you've lost as many times as you've won btw. you don't seem to be clear on that little point) as some sort of dominance.

Of course - looking at the past 15 years against BCS opponents.... .500 is about as dominant as the almighty hawks have been.

Which brings us full circle to the purpose of the article, henceforth re-titled "can't beat 'em, schedule somebody easier"

Are you trying to set up the, "Iowa State's Superbowl"? This will be the first thing you hear if you throw out 7-7 or 9-7 stats. Unless they choose to go to 15 in a row, or the overall record. Why argue about it?

Their football record, money, status is better than us. It's not hard to see this. Do I feel that we could have the same record as them using their schedule? Most years yes. Do I think they would do the same with our schedule? Possibly better. WHO CARES?!?! We hopefully are on the rise and we can see a much-improved offense with this staff. If so, then who knows what the future vectors will be? I for one don't care, I just like football!

sunset

Oct 18, 2006
San Diego, CA
Why don't you just answer the initial questions? Why are you skirting them? Is it b/c it's not always the head to head result that determines the better team? Is it b/c that might put a dent in the narrative that ISU has been as good as Iowa in football over the past 14 years b/c they're 7-7 vs Iowa in that time frame? So again, do you think Iowa had the better basketball team 2 years ago? Do you think ISU had the better football team in 2002?

Hawk logic (I spent two years in IC for school so I have some solid experience with the subject): Nothing matters except; I "know" Iowa is better. It's "common sense", everybody "knows it".

It's actually pretty funny to watch.

BigLame

Feb 6, 2008
Western IA
So this dude thinks Iowa has a better chance beating Michigan & Michigan State than Iowa State?

Wow, the Big 10 is bad.

UNIGuy4Cy

Nov 11, 2009
My two "guarentees" Iowa will lose to UNI, ISU will beat Texas Tech. And I cant wait for UNI to beat Iowa! MELTDOWN!!!!