Cy-Hawk fear...

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Wants to see Iowa play games against traditional Big 10 teams? Like Rutgers, Maryland and Nebraska?

I'm sure we'd be all in for only playing them in Iowa City too.

The best 2 things about living in California:
1. The weather
2. Lack of dip **** Iowa fans

Reactions: CyBobby

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
Of course it's okay with them to continue the series if they can stack the deck. The arrogance of Iowa wanting to play the game in Iowa City only when they've gotten their ***** handed to them more often than not over the last 10-15 years is unbelievable. How about grow a pair and stop the holier-than-thou rhetoric. It's tired.

Last edited:

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014
Wants to see Iowa play games against traditional Big 10 teams? Like Rutgers, Maryland and Nebraska?

I'm sure we'd be all in for only playing them in Iowa City too.

The best 2 things about living in California:
1. The weather
2. Lack of dip **** Iowa fans

Ha. I was watching the news regarding the fires in the San Diego area as my brother and his family were sandwiched between two of the larger ones (hawk fan, although I will suggest he doesn't fall in to the dip-**** category)

One of the interviews of someone who (may have) lost his house was wearing a hawk shirt or something.

Had to think - "Good God they're everywhere"

As for the article - same dillusions of grandeur - different day.

Last edited:

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Sadly, for some of the B10 teams, adding a conference game will hurt their SOS.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Unfortunately, there's a large, and growing number of 'Clone fans who want to drop the series too. I feel that would be a huge mistake and I don't believe either school's respective AD's would want that outcome because the series is so beneficial to both programs.
Take it from a guy who attended the 1977 game - when the series renewed after a 34-year hiatus, it would be a mistake to go back to that era.

BlackHawk

Sep 30, 2010
Of course it's okay with them to continue the series if they can stack the deck. The arrogance of Iowa wanting to play the game in Iowa City only when they've gotten their ***** handed to them more often than not over the last 10-15 years. How about grow a pair and with the holier-than-thou rhetoric. It's tired.

Outside of 2005, in the last 12 years please point to a game vs ISU where Iowa had "their ***** handed to them". You're biggest margin of victory outside of 2005 was a whopping 5pt win. Conversely, during that same time, Iowa pasted ISU numerous times by 30+ points which would've 50+ under any other coach not named Kirk Ferentz.

sunset

Oct 18, 2006
San Diego, CA
That guy is a complete idiot. I really hope nobody pays him for whatever he does on that site.

I don't see many hawk fans here in San Diego, roughly equal between isu and ui.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
Outside of 2005, in the last 12 years please point to a game vs ISU where Iowa had "their ***** handed to them". You're biggest margin of victory outside of 2005 was a whopping 5pt win. Conversely, during that same time, Iowa pasted ISU numerous times by 30+ points which would've 50+ under any other coach not named Kirk Ferentz.

tumblr_m52d2igQW61r3nkzc.gif

UNIGuy4Cy

Nov 11, 2009
That guy is a complete idiot. I really hope nobody pays him for whatever he does on that site.

I don't see many hawk fans here in San Diego, roughly equal between isu and ui.
Guy lives in Oklahoma now, would like to know how he has a clue as to what is even going on in Iowa City. He has always been a *******.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Unfortunately, there's a large, and growing number of 'Clone fans who want to drop the series too. I feel that would be a huge mistake and I don't believe either school's respective AD's would want that outcome because the series is so beneficial to both programs.
Take it from a guy who attended the 1977 game - when the series renewed after a 34-year hiatus, it would be a mistake to go back to that era.

Explain why.

I like the series, and I think it should stay. I'm not convinced you've given a reason why.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I can’t tell you the number of times I’ve heard from college friends or my days in Kansas City, people who don’t have a dog in the fight, who’ve sent a jab my way when Iowa has lost to Iowa State…as in Iowa State’s football reputation is more than suspect.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA

Those close losses were amazing.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Nothing to gain: Um...a mark in the Win column over a big 12 opponent?
Everything to lose: If you lose, then you dont deserve "everything" to begin with.

Every time one of them say that ****, they look like ***** morons. Why play any ooc game then? You ALWAYS have a chance at a loss.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

The fact you're even talking about this and posting what you've posted above is already you failing. How bad do you wish you could go back to the 80's and early 90's?

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
A whole lot of entitlement to even suggest/request a Power 5 opponent to a yearly series where all games are played on your home field regardless of historical margin of victory and record in the series.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Nothing to gain: Um...a mark in the Win column over a big 12 opponent?
Everything to lose: If you lose, then you dont deserve "everything" to begin with.

Every time one of them say that ****, they look like ***** morons. Why play any ooc game then? You ALWAYS have a chance at a loss.

Honestly I think JDM is getting pretty desperate and trying to drive more Clone traffic to his site with some propaganda, because from what I've seen that place is a graveyard these days.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron