Crazy Golf Stories

CyState85

May 8, 2019
-Played last week and saw a hole in one par (buddy hooked first one OB). We bought him beers.

-When I was in college, I was playing a best shot tourney with some older guys and one of them had their foot dangling out of the cart and it clipped the curb, completely shattered his ankle, and thrust him forward so hard that he broke his collarbone as well. He was the sober one of the group too!

-Family member claims to have won Master’s practice round tickets in the lottery and didn’t go because he didn’t want to use PTO. Not sure I believe it.

What are the craziest things you’ve done or witnessed on the course?

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
When I trusted another mod that my 5 wood would be fine for blind landing spot …. It flew the fairway, and into the water. “I thought it would be good”. Cost me the 9 hole bet. He is no longer a mod.

Good times in 2008.

Agclone91

Feb 5, 2011
Ames
-Played last week and saw a hole in one par (buddy hooked first one OB). We bought him beers.

-When I was in college, I was playing a best shot tourney with some older guys and one of them had their foot dangling out of the cart and it clipped the curb, completely shattered his ankle, and thrust him forward so hard that he broke his collarbone as well. He was the sober one of the group too!

-Family member claims to have won Master’s practice round tickets in the lottery and didn’t go because he didn’t want to use PTO. Not sure I believe it.

Making a buddy take a 3 for hitting a hole in one on a mulligan would be one of the craziest things I’ve ever seen on a golf course.

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
Honey Creek circa ~2014 was playing with 2 buddies and an old dude playing by himself behind us decided to join our group instead of playing through. He had a lot of the stories that we didn't believe. Including being arrested in the 70's in SW Iowa with over 100lbs of weed. I can't remember his name but we googled him and he wasn't bs'ing. Dude was in bed with some cartels.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown

I do that too often and need to stop for this reason.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
When I was a freshman in high school, I was playing a kid for pop (nine hold score) during the summer. On the third hole, I hit a hole in one. He was so shaken by my hole in one that he quit and went and bought me a pop.

In high school golf, I was playing in the state regional tournament. The weather was kind of crappy, At the turn, I had a score of 37 which to my surprise was leading the tournament by two strokes. On the back nine my game went to hell and I shot a 51. Total choke.

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
A couple more, both happened on different occasions at Copper Creek in Copper Mountain.

1. Tee'd off on a par 4, turned around and there was a black bear about 100 yards up the mountain from us

2. A different par 4 that's straight down the mountain, a normal 250 yard drive goes 350. I hit a solid shot that rolled up to the cart of the group in front of us (my aunt, uncle and cousin). My step brother who can bomb his driver asks if he should wait, I said your call. He hit over their carts and over the green.

Lexclone

I survived the 2023 ad invasion
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2013
Massachusetts
I was golfing in high school at a meet, boys and girls. This was the second in two draught years, and the course was bone dry except for the greens and tee boxes which had irrigation.

A girl on the team was teeing off on a 170 yard, flat par 3 with a driver. She topped the heck out of it, but it hit the hard fairway and rolled and rolled and rolled. It made it to the green and just trickled into the hole. She made a hole-in-one, but once it left the tee box, the ball never got more than 3 feet off the ground, but a hole-in-one nonetheless. Incredible to watch.