Could it be that our DC candidate is preparing for Thursday's game?

acs4isu

Sep 8, 2006
West Des Moines
What are the chances of getting McCartney though? :wink:
I'm not impressed with his resume. He thinks a football is round.

http://www.foodisnotlove.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/paul-mccartney-american-idol.jpg
paul-mccartney-american-idol.jpg

Wallacelantz

Dec 30, 2008
I think Mac is staying put until Wisconsin wises up and fires their coach and then he will take over and resume stomping the Hawks every year.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
This would be nice but from what I have heard he is on his way to UCF, tba after the game tonight.

Nope, George O'Leary will be back at UCF next year. At the NC press conference he said he hasn't been approached for ANY head jobs ever. Finally admitted publicly that it may be because he has a white wife, then went on to point out that she doesn't make any calls on the Football field...

I am REALLY disappointed we didn't at least give him a call. He is the best head coach prospect out there.

Last edited:

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I would actually take Jim Walden as the Special Teams coach. Our special teams were great and very fun to watch. We were always running trick plays on special teams and our punting and field goal kicking were always the best positions we had on the team.

iowa_wildcat

Jan 25, 2008
Ames
Let's ask Marty Tirrell who the new DC will be. After all, Marty always has the inside scoop!

StLouisClone

Apr 16, 2006
St. Louis
These quotes suggest to me that Florida will be his last stop unless he gets a new head coaching job.

"If it's meant to be for me to be a head coach again," McCarney, 55, said, "then outstanding. Based on communications I've had with coaches who have been on my staff, it seems like a lot of them are up for a reunion, and I don't mean one of those dinner deals.
"The guys that used to work for me ... we could put a great staff together."

BCS title game: McCarney's focus: Restrict Sooners' TD machine | DesMoinesRegister.com | The Des Moines Register

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron