Conrad Hawley story Thanks CF.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Likely many already knew his story and its effects on the team. We have watched Hawley on the bench and couldn't figure out what was with this guy. Now I know! Great piece:

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Thanks Chris. I love people like Conrad. They walk the walk. Great to have him as a Cyclone. Makes this team feel even more invincible. This isn't some lucky run. This team is elite.
Don't know if it is an exact fit but similarities to great Cyclones like Joel Lanning: Did what was best for the team and succeed beyond all probabilities!

alabamacyclone

Feb 11, 2019
I am not a huge BB fan, but I do watch the games and I noticed this guy and wondered who he was. We never saw him on the court. My questions have been cleared up in a big way. I love this kind of story. I can't wait to share with my wife and kids. What an inspiration to us all. Thank you, CF.

MR82

Sep 12, 2021
Nice article CW. I like many wondered about CH’s enthusiastic behavior on the bench. I totally understand now. He is someone who really lives TEAM-
Together
Everyone
Accomplishes
More

huntt26

Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
Love this guy! Early in the season there were some intense moments where his enthusiasm resembled Marv from Home Alone getting electrocuted LOL

Hawley is ELECTRIC!

Maxresdefault_%281%29.jpg

iacyguy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 1, 2011
The Dirty Dodge
Great article CW! Great insight to the type of selfless energy this guy has for others. Love this kid's energy. I started paying attention to the bench more when TJ came out with this whole "Chief Energy Officer" at the start of the year. It's been neat to see Eli, Jeremiah, and Hasan slowly start to buy in to what he is doing on the sidelines. He's almost always the first guy off the bench on a timeout to dap someone up for a good play or pat them on the back when they need a pick me up. Can't believe he's just a sophomore. Hopefully we can keep him in the program for a few years!

Sidenote would love to know how many former ISU grads went on to become Navy SEALS. Can't imagine there is very many.

milrtym5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 28, 2021
Great piece CW! Will be a must read for my own high/middle school children on being part of their sports teams they participate in.

Reactions: yCy

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Thanks a lot for the kind words everybody. You beat me to it before I could even post on the forum! I have been excited to tell the CEO's story for quite a while and after last night's game, grinded most of the night to get it done as I figured it would get seen a lot following the big win. Conrad is an inspirational dude. Just an incredible young man.

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
I love this kid and his antics on the bench, he’s insane, but in a good way.

I can’t wait for the NCAA Final 4 where CBS does a piece on him and his story….because we’ll be in the Final 4 of course.

Keep being you, Conrad.

Reactions: StClone

Williowa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2016
Thanks a lot for the kind words everybody. You beat me to it before I could even post on the forum! I have been excited to tell the CEO's story for quite a while and after last night's game, grinded most of the night to get it done as I figured it would get seen a lot following the big win. Conrad is an inspirational dude. Just an incredible young man.
So when's the CEO getting a t shirt?

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Stay tuned
I want to Buy everyone of my family a shirt to give this kid some support and love for the support and love he has given the Cyclones. Hope you get him set up and we can all give back something for him. Dude deserves it.

Cyclones8824

Cyclones nation. Let’s ride
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 16, 2022
Ankeny
Each game he gets a little more energized. He’s gonna be running laps around the stadium by March