[Commitment Watch] ‘22 WR Quaron Adams (would be the fastest player ever to wear cardinal and gold)

Nate STANley

Feb 4, 2021
He will put on weight as a byproduct of the weight training program that all ISU athletes go through. He won't have to go out of his way by extraordinary measures to gain a lot of weight. Generally the muscle mass that they put on with weight training is exclusively good weight and won't generally negatively affect speed or agility. In fact it generally increases agility.
Correct. It’s about maintaining the weight once he gets there. I don’t get why people are so offended by me saying he needs to put on 10-15lbs lol.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Correct. It’s about maintaining the weight once he gets there. I don’t get why people are so offended by me saying he needs to put on 10-15lbs lol.
But it is highly doubtful he will put on 10-15 for his true freshman season but yet he should be physically able to play P5 football. He might put on 15 his whole career at ISU.

Nate STANley

Feb 4, 2021
But it is highly doubtful he will put on 10-15 for his true freshman season but yet he should be physically able to play P5 football. He might put on 15 his whole career at ISU.
Then I can’t see him playing his true freshman year unless he’s returning kicks or punts

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Odd how some dude with a Hawk name shows up and things get stupid... :jimlad:
giphy.gif

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Never said that but back to the original point the weight he adds isn't going to slow him down.
Probably not much. Maybe on the track? Plus in pads go ahead take a few tenths off almost everyone's speed. Jerry Rice was rumored to be faster in pads than without. Having ran a 4.7 40 time in combine wouldn't surprise me.

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
So you do not think he needs to put on weight? Interesting take there. I’m not knocking the kid he’s fast as hell, but avoiding injury at that size is not common.

The kid is 17 years old he will naturally put on good weight as he matures and enters a P5 strength and conditioning program. Your argument is downright dumb. Tavon Austin, Rondale Moore, Deanthony Thomas, Desean Jackson, Hollywood Brown, Dexter McCluster, etc etc...similar stature and all extremely successful in college. I could go on and on.

Last edited:

Help Support Us

Become a patron