ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Happy almost Friday.

Thursday was a pretty quiet day on the coaching search front. Or maybe compared to Wednesday, every day will be from now on.

I did hear one tiny tidbit tonight. One source said that it no longer sounds like Lindsey Hunter is going to be in the mix. I'm going to take this very loosely but the source was very firm.

Also, everything I am hearing behind the scenes is indicating to me that the president vs. Pollard rhetoric has been overblown. There are differing opinions but it sounds like the two are cordially working together and not against one another.

Other than that, I think this search is simply at the point where interviews have been scheduled (Underwood, Prohm, Drew & Otzelberger per Andy Katz) and all we can do is wait.

I am still holding out for a possible fifth candidate. I thought that might be Hunter but as noted above, that's sounding less and less likely. The only other names of "splash" type guys I have heard throughout the process are Tad Boyle (Colorado) and Dana Altman (Oregon). However, I don't see either one of those candidates becoming Iowa State's next head coach for multiple reasons.

Fred Hoiberg will be in town to meet with the local media on Friday at 1. He's also scheduled to make an appearance on my radio show (that I co-host with Ross Peterson), Sports Fanatics that you can hear from 4-7 on 1460 KXnO.

Last edited:

isugcs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 21, 2007
Waverly
Is Dixon in the mix? Any candidates being discussed with solid NBA connections/experience?

BallSoHard4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2012
Ames
I feel like Hunter would be smart to take a job that just landed a coach on a solid team for 25 million if he's looking to become an NBA coach again

isugcs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 21, 2007
Waverly
Not sure if there's a tactful way to ask, but tomorrow you should get Fred's perspective on the Palo situation. If there is a tactful way, I'm sure you can do it Chris.

Cydaddy

Aug 20, 2012
Gentlemen and Ladies - I hope today's discussion is a bit better than yesterday. Yes, emotions are high, but frankly, much of it is embarrassing. I applaud CW and Jeremy for putting up with everyone's ****. I have not done the analysis, but there are a select few on CF that would prefer to argue or tear down rather than build something bigger. It is okay to have your opinion, but I do not have to see it 500 ******* times. If you are not going to contribute, please STFU.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I feel like Hunter would be smart to take a job that just landed a coach on a solid team for 25 million if he's looking to become an NBA coach again

like any of that had anything to do with ISU. He is all ready a highly regarded assistant in the NBA. If he is really interested in ckaching the NBA, he is probably best off right where he is at. He is in a pretty good spot right now.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
I feel like most of us are stupid and have no clue who is actually going to be announced as head coach next week. I hope im wrong because i have 2 favorites but this should be interesting.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Has anyone contacted Becky Hammon, or are we leaving that up to the designated message board representative?

ISU42

Sep 21, 2009
like any of that had anything to do with ISU. He is all ready a highly regarded assistant in the NBA. If he is really interested in ckaching the NBA, he is probably best off right where he is at. He is in a pretty good spot right now.

Unemployed?

proisu

Jan 11, 2008
nowhere
this may sound too simplistic ...but as far as our search goes, why not not shoot for it....two examples (although many years ago) we got Johnny from a big program(for cash) and on the other side of the state, Arizona got Lute ( Iowa was kinda big and zona was dog poo) ... as fluid as coaches are right now, why not see if we can get someone at big program and show them this is the place....sorry for longness, at work and bored

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron