Cliff Keen Las Vegas Invitational (Friday & Saturday)

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Just saw Cabell won't place and Moore is in the 7th place match against Tanner. Bad tournament for both teams from Iowa this weekend.

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
I'll keep supporting the team and let the season play out but not feeling great about our squad right now. Granted it's still early but what we've seen so far has not been encouraging.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
I'll keep supporting the team and let the season play out but not feeling great about our squad right now. Granted it's still early but what we've seen so far has not been encouraging.

Agreed. Still time to get it together but it has been a poor start to the season.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Big match I am interested in see. Coming up shortly. Tanner Weatherman vs Cooper Moore

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Consistency now for Tanner is the key. 2 big wins over McFadden and Cooper Moore this weekend

HGoat

Dec 18, 2014
Denver, Colorado
How did Goose pin Moore? I missed it.

Not great results this weekend. Earl is the only one I watched who was wrestling well.

cyclonenation5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 12, 2013
Ames
How did Goose pin Moore? I missed it.

Not great results this weekend. Earl is the only one I watched who was wrestling well.

And even his 3rd place match was pretty disheartening. Can't complain too much about 4th at this tourney though.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Worth noting that Short, the guy who took out Gabe, beat another ranked guy and won into the finals. Might have been a coming out party vs. a bad loss.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
So a day later...

125:
Larson did what I expected him to
133: Disappointed in that last match, and Hall needs to stop being so tentative, but he scored points when it counted. He should have won that last match to take 3rd but he did a lot better than most of the guys this weekend.
141: Really disappointed in Dante's performance. He had the weakest weight class in the tournament sitting there for him and he failed to place.
149: Gabe's loss to Short doesn't look as bad as it did when it happened so I just hope his shoulder is okay and his medical default wasn't due to something that'll keep him out for a while. Though regardless I hope we sit him against Wyoming
157: Good win for Logan over a ranked wrestler, I'll take it. I think we're looking at "fringe qualifier" for 157 this year.
165: Weatherman needs to get consistent. Sometimes he wrestles to where he was expected to, sometimes he drops bad matches. He had two good wins and two bad losses this weekend.
174: Like Dante, really disappointed in Spoon's performance. He had a relatively weak bracket, was seeded high, and failed to place
184: Awesome weekend for Pestano. Picked up some decent wins and made it into day two when I was hoping he'd maybe be able to win just one match. Gives me some hope he can at least keep the 184 or 197 spot respectable for us this year if he has to. Not great, but maybe around what Mayfield did a couple years ago when he was in the lineup.
197: Hope Egli can get healthy
HWT: Scanlon did what I expected him to.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I am usually as positive as they come but I am out of words. The start to this season is just awful. Frankly, if it can get worse, I don't know how. The Iowa meet was my last one- I cannot watch our guys struggle from the bottom position and/or not finish shots anymore.

We lack in every area you can name. There is possibly- top 20 talent in the room and if is that good, it certainly is not being trained into top 20 talent.

I am frustrated with performances like this. Today- I want to scream SHUT IT DOWN. Let's just drop wrestling if this is how good we are wanting to be.

I will bounce back tomorrow and be supportive but today (and yesterday) has me ****** off

Now it looks like the seventh year of Paul Rhoads. No finish.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron