Clemson - Ohio State

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Hope Clemson can get good prep for the big game, not sure having a walkover helps you.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Second straight year that a B1G team has been shut out in the CFP's.

Those damn B1G teams don't play defense after all......or offense! Who knew.

Reactions: kingcy

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I thought the Big Ten was for real too and it goes to show that until we have a larger playoff, there should never be multiple teams from one league. I brought up 2006 where people wanted an OSU/Mich rematch in the title game and they both got blown out.

The conferences just don't play each other enough to know for sure than any league should ever make up 50% of the playoff. If we played some non-conf games at the end of the regular season and one league dominated, I'd feel better about loading the playoff with that league. As it is with just 4 teams and no interconference play in the final 9-10 games, it should never happen.

Agreed, completely shocked to see Ohio State get dominated in this game to be honest. This is just like how we've been so high on Big 12 basketball some years only to see several early exits in the NCAA Tourney. When you break down a season the conference games are typically the more predictable games because teams are so much more familiar with each other from facing them more more often so the players, coaching staff, and the systems they run make it much easier to game plan against than it is going against a non conference opponent you aren't familiar with. The problem is that a lot of the teams use the non-conference as a warm up to conference play so you don't see as many tough match ups on the schedules. I'm curious to see how Oklahoma looks in it's bowl game after going 9-0 in the Big 12 but losing to then ranked #15 Houston and #3 Ohio State in the non-conference. They basically got penalized for losing to 2 ranked teams in the non conference while running the table in the conference which was admittedly down this year but they at least can say they played and beat every team in their conference. I don't have an issue with Ohio State being in the playoff, a 3 point loss to Penn State was their only loss on the season and they beat 4 top Top 15 ranked teams on their schedule but makes you wonder if the Big 10 was over-rated as usual because the top teams feasted on weaker conference competition because of being a 14 team league.

We'll never have a perfect playoff system with college football because it's already asking a lot of fans to potentially have to cough up money to potentially go to 2 postseason games. This is another reason I hate how conferences are so eager to go to 14 or 16 teams, the 1 thing the Big 12 can say is that their champion had to play every team in the conference while these larger conferences on a given year might not play 2 or 3 of the better teams in the conference due to the schedule. Iowa hasn't played Ohio State since 2013 and didn't play them in 2011 and 2012 either so those 2 teams have only played each other twice over the past 7 seasons. That's crazy how you can go 4 years between playing a team in your conference, even in the old Big 12 we only got a 2 year break from OU and Texas.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
And OSU was slightly favored. That's how brainwashed the country is on the B1G. ESPN hacks talk them up all year, every year, and this is what happens.

Some ESPN guys pushed for 3 B1G teams in the playoffs..... OSU, Michigan, and PSU. OMG... talk about awful.

• Useful
Reactions: zmjames6

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
The only problem we will have on CF will be if Iowa somehow wins on Monday. The B1G trolls will be out in force pounding their chests. Some will even be saying the B1G West was the strongest division.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
We were out all last night so I missed the game. Awoke this morning to word of OSU's decimation, flipped on the TV and found the game on ESPNU, and the OSU kicker missing a field goal. #Starting2017Right

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
And OSU was slightly favored. That's how brainwashed the country is on the B1G. ESPN hacks talk them up all year, every year, and this is what happens.

Some ESPN guys pushed for 3 B1G teams in the playoffs..... OSU, Michigan, and PSU. OMG... talk about awful.

Somebody would win that way.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Regardless, big10 > big12

That may be this year, but what we do know for sure is that at best the B1G is the 3rd best conference this year in football, or worse, and not the best as many so called analysts on ESPN and other media outlets have been spouting off all year.