Classic Hawkeye Fan Meltdown

HiltonSouth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 29, 2010
Kansas City
While we're all waiting for the audio/videos to be posted from the reaction shows, SoundOffs, etc. I thought I'd just share a classic Hawkeye fan meltdown from about 2 or 3 years ago on the Murph and Andy radio show. I still get tears in my eyes from laughing so hard when I hear this.

View attachment Angry Hawk Fan.mp3

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
I still love the one from when Deace was on KXNO and replayed soundoff and callers from the Friday before saying Iowa was going to murder ISU.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I'd love to hear a recording of that Deacer's show. Man it would be hilarious.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
I still love the one from when Deace was on KXNO and replayed soundoff and callers from the Friday before saying Iowa was going to murder ISU.

I don't know if Deace can take credit for the concept of that but if so, my hat's off to him for one of the most brilliant things I've ever witnessed.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
When we lose it's because we suck -at least we understand that.

Hawkeye fan at work already said the game is pointless and Iowa shouldn't be playing it. I told him with the new playoff format Iowa needs at least one team of substance on their schedule. He did not like that.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
The streak ended 16 years ago! Since then ISU has a winning record against Iowa.

Iowa Fan, please stop living in the past. Chuck Long isn't walking through that door to take a few snaps

The era of a guaranteed Iowa win against an unsupported ISU program is over

Reactions: ruxCYtable

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I got the "well you're going to win 3 games all year anyways"

So? then your team just lost to a team that can only win 3 games.....

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I also get tired of the selective history stats. Yes, Iowa has won 23 of the last 33, and 4 of the last 7. ISU has won 10 of 18 and 3 of 4......the bigger picture is that Iowa used to dominate and does not anymore.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Iowa is lacking stAr power. The team does not look like the offense is a burner.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I also get tired of the selective history stats. Yes, Iowa has won 23 of the last 33, and 4 of the last 7. ISU has won 10 of 18 and 3 of 4......the bigger picture is that Iowa used to dominate and does not anymore.

But ISU has won every FB game against Iowa since 2014. EVERY GAME :yes:

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

Seriously this concept is well above the heads of even the Kirkwood Hoks, let alone the majority of the fanbase which is the mouth breathing Flood zone Hoks.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO

If I were Hok fan (first I would end it all) and then I wouldn't be betting much $$$ on them winning more than 3 games this year. Yea - B1G sucks but you can bet every Indiana/Ill is circling Iowa on their calendars as a chance to pick up a win.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
The era of a guaranteed Iowa win against an unsupported ISU program is over
This is what they fail to understand. The ISU team they *****-pounded regularly in the 80's and 90's was one with no money, no facilities, half-empty stadium, no TV, no administrative support, etc. I love the Cyclones but the stadium back in the day felt like you were sitting at the ends of the college football earth.

The arrival of Texas, The Big XII, TV, money and a supportive administration changed everything. ISU will never compete for a national championship, IMHO, but that team, that program from so long ago DOES NOT EXIST anymore.

The uneducated Hawk fan doesn't know that. He thinks his mighty Hawkeyes are still losing to the ISU of the 80's.

AMarner32

Jul 11, 2013
This.

From Jon Miller, before Saturday's game...

"One could argue that once Ferentz got the program rolling and without freak injuries, he is 9-3 against the Clones."

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014
This.

"One could argue that once Ferentz got the program rolling and without freak injuries, he is 9-3 against the Clones."

Seriously? Where did he say that? What a dip.

"If you took away the games where the other team scored more points, iowa would be undefeated any given season"

EvilBetty

Sep 7, 2012
Seriously? Where did he say that? What a dip.

"If you took away the games where the other team scored more points, iowa would be undefeated any given season"

it was reposted here the other day. i was trying to find it earlier to show one of my friends. if someone knows what thread that is hiding please let us know. i'd really like to read the whole thing again.

couldn't tell if he was serious, or just trying to troll the cyclone base. funny thing is, even if he wasn't actually being serious, most every hawk fan would take it as gospel and believe it.

ahaselhu

Sep 10, 2007
Clarinda, IA
it was reposted here the other day. i was trying to find it earlier to show one of my friends. if someone knows what thread that is hiding please let us know. i'd really like to read the whole thing again.

couldn't tell if he was serious, or just trying to troll the cyclone base. funny thing is, even if he wasn't actually being serious, most every hawk fan would take it as gospel and believe it.

It read to me like that, but I also believe that there's a large contingent of their fan base that agrees with the idea.

Besides, I thought their motto was "next man in"? One or two injuries shouldn't make a difference.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
This.

:spinny::v_SPIN::spinny::v_SPIN::spinny::v_SPIN::spinny::v_SPIN::spinny::v_SPIN::spinny::v_SPIN::spinny::v_SPIN::spinny::v_SPIN:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron