Circuit City is fried

Irresponsible

Jul 3, 2008
Seattle, WA
I've heard that Wal-Mart started making a three dollar wine that's pretty good. I wouldn't know, because I haven't set foot in a Wal-mart in 3 years for the principle of the matter.

You've (nearly) inadvertently admitted you make more than $50,000/year. 82% of Americans have patronized Wal-Mart in the last year. Most of those who haven't make $50K or better.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
I don't know. I have never been to a Circuit City. I have always gone to Best Buy. I think it's partially due to their Sunday ads. I always hunt through the paper to get their ad every sunday. I can't remember if Circuit City even has an ad in the DMR.

Then again, I really like the color blue too. :wink:

Circuit City doesn't run an ad in the DMR because they don't have any stores in central Iowa.... actually I don't think they have any stores in Iowa at all. They probably wouldn't see much return on the investment in that advertisement.

They do have an ad in the paper in KC where they have stores in the market.... well, at least they do for now. In general, it does seems that their stores are quite a bit smaller than a Best Buy, and just not as inviting. They did open a new store near me that is much more in line with the size of a Best Buy, and they do have some very good deals in their ads as well, but I think they got behind the 8-ball in updating the stores and their efforts are now too little too late.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I've been to Whole Foods and I don't think the concept would work very well in DM. Just look how the market out at the mall did. Des Moines is Hy-Vee and Dahls and everything struggles.

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
If I had to come up with a problem with CC it would be that to get the same type of prices you get elsewhere you ALWAYS have to **** with some type of rebate. Yeah, other places do that too but CC does it a lot. Otherwise I dont really know. I have not ever lived in a town that had one but the ones I have been to seemed ok.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Have you seen the price of arugula?

Vincent 'Vinnie' Antonelli: Arugula. I haven't had arugula in six weeks.
Supermarket Manager: What's that?
Vincent 'Vinnie' Antonelli: It's a ve-ge-ta-ble.

I'm willing to bet most people aren't going to get this because either they haven't seen "My Blue Heaven" or just don't remember it - but holy crap that supermarket scene was one of the funniest in the movie

Clerk at Supermarket: Hello sir, would you like to try a vanilla-bran oat crunchy?
Vincent 'Vinnie' Antonelli: What do you think?

Supermarket Employee: Have a nice day!
Vincent 'Vinnie' Antonelli: **** you!

clonomaniac

Apr 12, 2006
St Louis, MO
I don't know. I have never been to a Circuit City. I have always gone to Best Buy. I think it's partially due to their Sunday ads. I always hunt through the paper to get their ad every sunday. I can't remember if Circuit City even has an ad in the DMR.

Then again, I really like the color blue too. :wink:

Des Moines doesn't have any CC.