Circuit City is fried

Irresponsible

Jul 3, 2008
Seattle, WA
What a flimsy article. It blames neither George Bush nor Wal-Mart.

Seriously, if Wal-Mart enters a business of a stock you are holding--sell. Didn't they announce recently they were going to sell electronics? Might have something to do with it.

Whole Foods got the Wall Steet beat-down once Wal-Mart mentioned they might sell organic stuff.

Jetta

Oct 24, 2007
I wish I could afford to shop at 'whole paycheck'...er Whole Foods

Winds up being cheaper than the "specialty organic" stuff sold at marked-up prices in the regular chains.

But I would settle for a Trader Joe's instead of a Whole Foods.

AIT

May 29, 2008
Johnston, IA
Not just Wal-Mart, Best Buy has been kicking their butt as well.

I can't understand that. I've only been to Circuit City a few times, but they seem almost exactly like Best Buy. How does one succeed while the other fails miserably?

Jetta

Oct 24, 2007
If for no other reason than to get access to "Two-Buck Chuck!"

Hey, it's not half-bad wine. What does it matter if the grapes were bruised if they get squished anyway?

Though last time I was there, it was up to "three" buck chuck.

acrozier22

Mar 17, 2006
Southeast Iowa
I can't understand that. I've only been to Circuit City a few times, but they seem almost exactly like Best Buy. How does one succeed while the other fails miserably?

I don't know. I have never been to a Circuit City. I have always gone to Best Buy. I think it's partially due to their Sunday ads. I always hunt through the paper to get their ad every sunday. I can't remember if Circuit City even has an ad in the DMR.

Then again, I really like the color blue too. :wink:

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
I haven't been to a Circuit City in probally 10 years... maybe more. I was a little suprised to see they were still around

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha

Geek Squad put best Buy ahead.:sad:

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
Hey, it's not half-bad wine. What does it matter if the grapes were bruised if they get squished anyway?

Though last time I was there, it was up to "three" buck chuck.

I've heard that Wal-Mart started making a three dollar wine that's pretty good. I wouldn't know, because I haven't set foot in a Wal-mart in 3 years for the principle of the matter.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron