Child Policy at Sprint Center

cyclone456

Apr 12, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I live in KC and we were thinking of taking our 1 yr old daughter with us. I called and they said children any age need a ticket. Does anyone know if this is actually enforced?

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Did you ask does my kid need a ticket or does my baby need a ticket.

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007
Jack Trice/Hilton are few of the places you can take young kids without tickets. Almost every other "big-time" venue I've been to requires all kids have a ticket.

Yes, I would expect it to be enforced.

JWIL4CY

Nov 17, 2010
Urbandale
Jack Trice/Hilton are few of the places you can take young kids without tickets. Almost every other "big-time" venue I've been to requires all kids have a ticket.

Yes, I would expect it to be enforced.

I had to have a ticket for my 1 year old at Jack Trice last year, but maybe it's one of those things that doesn't get enforced the same every time.

CycoCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2009
Urbandale
I had to have a ticket for my 1 year old at Jack Trice last year, but maybe it's one of those things that doesn't get enforced the same every time.

Jack Trice is up to 2 years old, no ticket required. Says the season ticket holder father of a 2.5 yr old

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
"That kid is awful big for a 2 year old."

"Ya? Well he has a glandular problem, ****."
It's always the worst when you realize your kid can no longer pass as 2 years old anymore, we even tried one of those Mach 5 razors, but the 5 oclock shadow was just too noticeable.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

When one of our sons was here, he bought 'Lil Cyclone passes for his girls. They got into all of the FB games. They were supposed to be on the hillside, but they were very small for their ages, so our son & DIL usually took them up into the stands and the girls sat on their laps or stood directly in front of them. The passes also got them into all of the non-con MBB games EXCEPT Iowa. Same deal there - the girls were supposed to be in a certain section; son & DIL had seats next to us, so they would come sit with us & get passed from lap to lap if there were no empty seats near us. Those were in the days before Rhoads & Hoiberg, and there were more empty seats then than there are now...

Last edited:

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
It's always the worst when you realize your kid can no longer pass as 2 years old anymore, we even tried one of those Mach 5 razors, but the 5 oclock shadow was just too noticeable.

I remember being mad whenever I was old enough to not use a kids menu anymore, but my parents wouldn't let me. I didn't give a **** that they could just refill my pop, I wanted the big one dammit!

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
I think every child should be charged no matter what age. Bringing kids especially young kids is so annoying to a lot of fans, so if a parent is going to do it, they should have to buy an extra ticket.

Reactions: Agclone91

wcamnclone

Oct 24, 2008
Fargo, ND
I think every child should be charged no matter what age. Bringing kids especially young kids is so annoying to a lot of fans, so if a parent is going to do it, they should have to buy an extra ticket.

"But my child is an angel" - says every parent.

But seriously, my son is awesome and doesn't cause a scene as an 8 1/2 month old. Things are likely to be changing.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC

I get just as easily annoyed at a loud mouthed drunken idiot that spouts obscenities and stupid comments all game long.

If the kid can be held without taking up more than one space, I don't think it warrants an extra ticket. That being said, any smart parent knows the limits of their infant/child and when to get out of the seat and hit the concourse. Like any demographic, it's the dumb 5% that people complain about.

Last edited:

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
I get just as easily annoyed at a loud mouthed drunken idiot that spouts obsenities and stupid comments all game long.

If the kid can be held without taking up more than one space, I don't think it warrants an extra ticket. That being said, any smart parent knows the limits of their infant/child and when to get out of the seat and hit the concourse. Like any demographic, it's the dumb 5% that people complain about.
Those are even worse imo. I'd rather have a kid or parents with a baby behind me any day.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Full disclosure: I'm sure I've been the loud mouthed drunken idiot that has annoyed other people. At least once!

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I get just as easily annoyed at a loud mouthed drunken idiot that spouts obscenities and stupid comments all game long.

Drunks are much worse than kids. There's no need for them sounding off at all.