Chiefs watch party deaths

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Really weird story that I haven't seen much coverage of.

"Three Kansas City Chiefs fans were found frozen to death in the backyard of their friend’s home, where they had gathered to watch a game — but the homeowner is insisting he had “no knowledge” that their bodies had possibly been there for two days.

The bodies of David Harrington, 37, Ricky Johnson, 38, and Clayton McGeeney, 36, were found on the evening of Jan. 9 after the fiancée of one of the men requested a welfare check, Kansas City police told Fox Digital.

One man’s body was found on the back porch of the NW 83rd Terrace home, while the other two were discovered in the backyard.

But Jordan Willis, the man who was renting the home, had “no knowledge” that his friends were freezing to death on his property after they had watched Kansas City take on the LA Chargers in the last game of NFL regular season play on Jan. 7, police said."

• Wow
Reactions: cyclones500

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
That's wild.
Be interesting to see what coroner finds out.

I get if your friends have too much to drink to park the car but at that point, I'm saying just crash here/are you taking an Uber? Just to know nothing of what happened to them is wild.
Like, I always "see my friends off" at a bare minimum. I walk to the door with them and then shut it behind them.

• Agree
Reactions: MJ29

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
It was on network TV news earlier this week. Weird.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
All you can do is wait for the autopsy and toxicology reports. So far the police don't suspect any foul play. They guy who rented the house said he was sleeping with noise cancelling headphones and had a fan on so he never heard when people came knocking looking for the missing guys.
I'm guessing they were all wasted.

• Agree
Reactions: Pizzapitter

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Was the renter like an air bnb type of thing or did they live there? They didn't notice for two days?

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
All three were pass-out drunk and chose to freeze to death instead of breaking into their friend’s house? Okay I guess.

Idk this is about the same time the guy that just got busted in Iowa with 30k tabs of fentanyl would have been rolling through KC lol.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
There’s also a fifth person involved who keeps changing his story.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Was the renter like an air bnb type of thing or did they live there? They didn't notice for two days?
I’m assuming he was out of it on the same drug bender that killed his buddies and/or was scared to report and panicked. Their cars were in his driveway and families were texting him so it isn’t as simple as him not looking into the backyard.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I’m assuming he was out of it on the same drug bender that killed his buddies and/or was scared to report and panicked. Their cars were in his driveway and families were texting him so it isn’t as simple as him not looking into the backyard.
Yup. They probably accidentally OD'd on Fentanyl laced coke, the guy freaked out, and drug them outside.

I'll still never understand why anyone is lacing coke with fentanyl. A) the highs are essentially opposites so there's no actual demand for this, and B) you're just killing customers.